XX

Two, wonderful weeks have passed since Billie and Leilani shared their first kiss.

The night it happened and Leilani left, Billie screamed into her pillow, unable to hold in her excitement. It was late, so she couldn't cheer as loud as she wanted. Instead, she settled for whisper-yelling and cheesy fist-pumping. The next day, she took the opportunity to blast music and was practically bouncing off the walls.

She would never tell Leilani though. It was far too embarrassing to admit.

It wasn't a secret they had strong feelings for each other, they've known for a while but they still wanted to ease into things.

They were somewhere in between the talking stage and dating. For now, they wanted to keep this between the two of them, which meant Khalil, nor Fatima knew.

Leilani's dad always thought they were close friends, but an unsuspecting Patrick, thought they've been dating for months now.

Can you blame him?

Though they weren't official yet, Billie yearned for the day she would get to call Leilani hers and Leilani vice versa.

Billie couldn't complain, she still had the perk of making out with a soft pair of lips— which she did quite frequently or whenever they had an opportunity.

Each of the many times they kissed was just as mesmerizing as the first.

Keeping the new status of their relationship private and running around with a little secret, left them in a permanent state of innocent bliss.

Leilani

After receiving a text from Billie (who should've been in AP art at this time), to meet her in the hallway, I didn't hesitate to raise my hand and ask for a bathroom pass.

Once obtained, I let my eyes wander the empty halls around me. She didn't say where specifically to meet her, so she could be anywhere.

Just as I rounded a corner, someone grabbed my hand and quickly pulled me closer to them. In an instant, a set of lips crashed into my own and gentle hands found my face.

Already knowing who it was, I hummed into the kiss and gripped her hips, closing the space between us as I leaned up on my tippy toes.

My bathroom pass had fallen out of my hands and onto the floor but the thought of picking it up never crossed my mind.

When she slowly detached her lips from mine with a hazy smile, I fought back the urge to reconnect them again and rip off her clothes right here, right now.

It was probably for the best.

Her hands dropped from my face and grasped mine, holding them at our sides.

"Sorry, I couldn't stop thinking about you. If I didn't do this asap, I swear I would've imploded."

"Don't ever apologize for kissing me, Billie."

She chuckled, her eyes crinkling as she did so.

We stood there in silence for a moment, staring at one another and smiling like goofy idiots.

"Your eyes are so beautiful." She blurted unexpectedly, like she had been wanting to say that for ages.

I clearly didn't see what she did.

"...They're brown."

"And?"

She said, wearing a grin and gave my hand a small squeeze.