seven; meat buns

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

kageyama's point of view

it's finally the end of the school day, and i leave my last class, spotting hinata's orange hair ahead of me walking through the crowd of students. i push past my classmates and make my way up to hinata's side.

"hey kageyama! are you excited to hang out with sugi?" he smirks suggestively. i roll my eyes, pushing him aside.

"idiot. why'd you say it like that?" i growl, as we make our way out of the doors. i see keiko next to the vending machines. she turns to the side and i follow her eyes to see amaya walking toward her, a grin on her face.

a warm feeling spreads throughout my body.

"hello? kageyama? are you listening to me?" hinata says, waving a hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts which i hadn't realized i got lost in. "huh?"

"i said, where do you want to go? i'm kinda hungry," he says, as we approach keiko and amaya.

amaya's face lights up when she sees us.

wow, her eyes are gorgeous.

"okay, just keep ignoring me then," hinata says. "hey guys!" he greets keiko and amaya.

we all decide to go to coach ukai's store for some meat buns. hinata and keiko decide to sprint ahead for whatever reason, but i don't really have the energy to do that.

amaya and i fall behind as keiko and hinata mess around. i notice a blade from an ice skate sticking out of the top of her bag.

"ice skates?" i ask simply, curious. i know she figure skates, but i wonder why she brings them to school.

"oh- yeah, i was going to go to the rink to practice after school. i usually do, but i'd rather hang out with you guys," she softly says, looking up at me as we walk.

my heart quickens under her gaze.

"do you compete? how does it work to be a figure skater?"

"yeah, i enter into some competitions. i like it because i can do it alone. but my last competition ended badly; it was two months ago. after that i kind of stopped because i was embarrassed. but i just started going back to the rink a few days ago," she says, a tinge of sadness in her voice. i don't really know how to console her.