twelve; "girl's day"

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

amaya's point of view

keiko and i swap bowls of chips and popcorn between each other as we have a marathon catching up on all of our favorite things to watch.

we decided to stay in despite it being a saturday night. the two of us are way too mentally exhausted from this week and our recent, uh, realizations.

keiko's phone dings and i feel mine vibrate next to me. we both check them, instantly turning and giving each other an 'oh god,' look.

sugiyama for life 😏‼️💯

shoyo
HEYYYYYYY
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS
DOING TONIGHT

tobio
lol
nothing.

why is this gc still named that😐

keiko
name still stands 🤷‍♀️
& sugi and i are having a girls
night at her house 😋🙈😆

shoyo
ooooo
CAN I JOIN??

emphasis on "GIRLS" night
???

keiko
what she said
no boys allowed ‼️🙅‍♀️😐

shoyo
thanks for the invite!
heading over now
u coming kageyama?

keiko
WHAT THE HELL

bruh

kageyama
lmao uhhh

shoyo
meet me there?

PFFFT

keiko
i literally hate you guys
so much

shoyo
love you too
see u guys soon 😆

keiko scoffs, setting her phone down next to her as i chuckle a little bit.

"so much for girls night," she says, rolling her eyes.

"so uh..... are we not gonna talk about how you turned into a tomato when he said he loves you?" i ask, nudging her shoulder.

she just turns even more red and punches me as i laugh.

"if you don't date that boy right now," i roll my eyes and she huffs.

"i will when you date kageyama," she smugly says. i sigh.

"you know why i can't do that," i say, messing with my fingers. she nods and puts her head on my shoulder.

"it's okay bae. we can suffer together," she says, taking my hand. i chuckle and we go back to watching our tv show.

about ten minutes later, i hear the front door bust open. shoyo stands excitedly in the doorway, tobio standing awkwardly behind him.

damn. i knew i should have locked the front door.

"HEY GUYS," shoyo yells as he jumps over the back of the couch into the spot between keiko and i.

"this is comfy!" he says, taking some of keiko's blanket and leaning back. we had put the ottoman into the corner of my sectional couch so it was kind of like a bed. he grabs a handful of the popcorn on keiko's lap and eats it. "what show is this?" he says, still chewing.

"naruto. and you are such a dumbass," keiko says, shaking her head. i can hear her smile in her voice.

i look back at tobio, who is still standing in my doorway. i nod my head for him to come over, and clear out the pillows in the spot next to me so he can sit down. he does, and i pass him a blanket which he gladly takes. i'm pretty sure it's really cold outside right now.

"there are drinks and water in the fridge, and there might be some pizza on the counter but it's probably cold," i tell our two guests who nod. tobio quietly thanks me.

the episode ends and keiko turns it off, asking what movie we all want to watch. tobio and i both say we're indifferent, and keiko and shoyo decide to fight over what kind of movie to watch.

while the two try to agree on a movie, tobio asks me, "are your parents not home? those two are being pretty loud."

i softly shake my head no. "no, they're not—it's kind of complicated. but we actually live in tokyo, kinda. we have a house there and we're from there; i actually went to fukurodani's elementary school and nekoma's middle school. but my dad got a really good job offer here for a higher-up position at the company he works at and i decided i liked karasuno the best out of all the schools i could have gone to. and so my parents bought a house here too because of his increased salary. so my dad works here on weekdays and then typically goes back to tokyo friday through sunday to spend time with his friends and our family, while my mom usually works nights at the hospital here unless she's covering for someone. but she sometimes goes back to tokyo for the weekends with my dad, which is what she did this weekend."

"woah, wait how come you never told me that? and why don't you go with them to tokyo?" he asks curiously.

"eh, i like the country better. it's why i chose a school here instead of tokyo," i shrug. "hey, didn't you guys play a practice match against a team in tokyo?"

he nods. "nekoma. they're our old rivals."

"oooh sounds fun! did you win?"

"no-" tobio is cut off when shoyo and keiko finally decide on a movie and tell us to shut up. i roll my eyes, suddenly tired as i yawn.

i barely get through the beginning credits of the movie before i feel my eyes start to droop and i fall asleep.