twenty; hide & seek

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

amaya's point of view

the next day after the matches are over, lev and bokuto decided to set up a game of hide and seek.  despite the fact that everyone was invited, there was a surprisingly low turnout. i guess everyone just wanted to practice.

bokuto, lev, akaashi, kuroo (who forced kenma to join), noya, tanaka, shoyo, tobio, a few of the managers, and i all stand together in a group as we decide who's going to seek first. we're split into teams; i forced tobio to join just because i wanted him to be my partner. whoops.

the teams are bokuto/akaashi, lev/shoyo, kuroo/kenma, noya/tanaka, two fukurodani managers, and tobio and i.

noya and tanaka have to seek first. they start counting down from thirty as everyone sprints away.

tobio and i head away from everyone else toward the tennis courts on campus. we hide under the bleachers and wait to be found.

"i can't believe you got me to do this," he rolls his eyes. i giggle.

"oh shut up! you know you're gonna have fun," i say. "just wait until people come close, it gets kinda scary," i smile.

"how can a game for kids be scary?"

"hey! it's not just for kids!"

"oh yeah? when's the last time you played it?"

i scoff. "it would have to be... uhh..."

"see? you don't even remember."

"no- shut up stupid, i'm thinking!"

"or you're just too stubborn to admit that-"

"do you hear that? i think someone's coming!" i say, shushing him and trying to peek around the metal bars we're hiding under.

i look back at him and he's looking around, seemingly paranoid. i stifle a laugh and he cups a hand over my mouth.

"shh! you're going to get us caught!" he whispers as quietly as he can, making me laugh even more.

"shut up! they're getting closer!"

i calm down and we sit there in silence. the people seem to have gone away.