extra (3) spring nationals

warning: make out scene lol

amaya's point of view

the referee blows his whistle signaling the end of the inarizaki and karasuno game at the national qualifying tournament. the entire stadium goes silent, before erupting into cheers and claps.

yachi and i clutch each other's forearms and jump around, squealing like little girls.

"OH MY GOD? OH MY GOD!!" we both exclaim as the boys all topple over each other on the court at their victory.

"WE DID IT! HOLY SHIT! WE DID IT!" i scream as the audience continues to cheer and play music.

my heart races and excitement takes over my body. i'm ecstatic, adrenaline coursing through my veins.

i wasn't even the one who played!

the team slowly stands up, buzzing with energy as they all bow to thank the other team for the game before thanking the fans in the audience.

finally, they all go back to the bench and chug water. yachi and i dash over to the team to congratulate them.

"i can't believe this! you guys did so well! i'm so proud!" yachi smiles and i nod, a bright beaming smile plastered on my face. the team buries us in a hug, yachi and i laughing along.

"okay, okay, you're crushing them," kiyoko chuckles. they all let go and tanaka and noya start bugging kiyoko to tell them off again.

i walk over to tobio, who smiles when he sees me.

"i'm so proud of you. like, so proud," i smile and he pulls me in, hugging me tight.

"you look exhausted," i chuckle.

"i sure am," he breathes.

"oh my god, i can't believe it! well, i mean... i can, but like... you know! i was afraid the third set would go the same as the second! ugh, my heart was out of control, i swear!" i ramble. "you were so good out there! seriously, i couldn't take my eyes off of you! i mean- to watch you play, not because you're hot, which you are but-"

"i love you," he chuckles, cutting me off and leaning in for a kiss.

"hey! no pda!" shoyo shouts, and we break apart. tobio scowls at shoyo and i chuckle.

"i'm so proud of you shoyo! you were amazing! and keiko was watching it live from home, just so you know," i smile, ruffling his hair. his face brightens up at the mention of his girlfriend.

"thanks amaya! you actually reminded me, i should go call her, okay bye!" he says, sprinting away.

tobio turns back to me and pulls me close once again, leaning in for the kiss which was interrupted minutes ago.

his lips meet mine and an electric feeling courses through my body, one that i really don't think will ever go away.

he pulls away, cutting it short so the team doesn't get on our asses about it like shoyo did. the first time they caught us kissing they didn't let it go for a month. after that we made sure not to be too obvious with our pda.

coach calls them in to talk and lets them go soon after, telling them to rest and energize after their tough game.

tobio gathers his stuff into his bag as i help out kiyoko and yachi. we all head back to the hotel, tobio and i fall behind the rest of the group led by coach and takeda.

"wanna go out and explore tonight?" tobio asks, nudging me and smirking.

"well of course i do but i also want you to rest up! and i don't want to distract you from your game, this tournament is way too important."