ten; skating lesson

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

amaya's point of view

"okay guys, good practice, now go home!" coach ukai shouts as practice ends. i help kiyoko with the equipment while the guys pack up and change.

honestly, this wasn't as bad as i expected it to be. tobio's descriptions of everyone were pretty dead on, and it was really nice to meet them all.

the guys start heading out as kiyoko and i finish, surprising me by thanking me for joining. i walk over to my bag, picking it up as tobio approaches me.

"what'd you think?" he asks.

"you were right! everyone is really nice, thank you," i smile, turning to him. shoyo runs over, his phone in his left hand and his right hand waving at us.

"hey, keiko wants to hang out, you guys down?" he asks excitedly.

i internally groan. to be honest, my social battery ran out an hour ago. i plaster a guilty look on my face.

"um, well, i kind of wanted to go to the rink tonight since i haven't been in a few days," i say, gesturing to my skates which are sticking out of the top of my bag.

"awe, that's okay. kageyama?" he asks, and tobio shakes his head.

"i don't really want to third wheel," he quips. i chuckle a little as shoyo gets all defensive.

"hey, we're not even dating!"

"not yet," tobio remarks, making me laugh even harder. shoyo pushes tobio's arm before his eyes trail to the open door behind us. i turn and see keiko standing there, waving. i wave back.

"well, there she is! i'll see you lames later!" shoyo says, running off past us.

once shoyo is out of hearing range, tobio shakes his head, and says "are you actually going skating, or did you just use that as an excuse to get out of hanging out with them?"

i laugh loud. "both, i guess," i say, "i wanted to go check the bulletins if there are any upcoming figure skating competitions."

he nods his head.

"wanna come with me?" i ask him. he smiles a little.

"sure," he says softly. i check the time on my phone.

"oh- we better hurry before we miss the bus!" i say, hurrying out of the gym, saying goodbye and thanks to kiyoko as tobio follows behind me.