eighteen; keiko & shoyo

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

amaya's point of view

1 missed message from keiko amari!

keiko amari

OHHHH MY GODFSHAJDJS
CAN I PLEASE FACETIME YOU
PLEASE ITS URGENT
EMERGENCY

YES YES FT ME
is everything okay??

incoming facetime call from keiko amari!
accept  decline

"AMAYA!" keiko yells with a wild look on her face that even i can't read.

"keiko what is it?"

"so sho and i went out after our practices again today right?" she asks and i nod. "well he bought me dinner again and after we left he told me i looked really pretty. and i said thank you and that he looked really good too. and then... AND THEN... HE TOLD ME HE LIKED ME!"

i gasp and slap my hand over my mouth. "FINALLY!"

"and then guess what... GUESS!"

"what did he do?"

"HE. KISSED. ME," she squeals to which we both start freaking out, me laughing and her squealing.

"IS HE YOUR BOYFRIEND NOW?" i ask and she puts on a wide smile.

"YES! when he walked me home we were standing on my porch and he asked me to be his girlfriend!"

"AWWWWW! i'm so happy for you bestie. it's about time!" i smile and she shakes her head in disbelief.

"i still can't even process what just happened. this is the best day of my life! well, not really! but kind of!"

i chuckle and she stands up in her room, pacing around while holding her phone.

"don't you replace me now," i say playfully, to which she rolls her eyes.

"i could never! you're the one that got me into this mess!"

"you're so welcome. tobio and i are in for a treat with you two as a couple now," i shake my head.

"i promise you. i'm getting you and kageyama together," she says confidently. i roll my eyes.

"i'm not so sure about that one chief."

"OH SHUT UP! you're meant for each other. just go for it! you only live once so you have to take a chance!"

"yep. i'm hanging up now," i say. she stops pacing and sits down, looking at me seriously.

"NO! all i'm saying is you're gonna pine over him for the rest of your high school career if you don't confess. the worst that could happen is he rejects you and you can finally get over him. and if he does feel the same way, then you can try dating! i know you're afraid of what were to happen 'when' you break up, but i really think you should stop thinking so hard about the future and go for it. you always have me to cry to IF you guys wouldn't end up together."

for a split second i actually felt like calling him up and confessing to him right that second. but my anxiety crept back in and took over, pushing that thought straight out of my mind. as convincing as keiko can be, anxiety is more convincing.