The Past can't hurt you, right?

Sonic was running around Green Hill Zone for the umpteenth time. He was thinking. And really Green Hill Zone was the best place for thinking.

He looked at the watch that Tails had made for him. It was practically indestructible, and Tails had made it because he was tired of Sonic not coming home on time. For the Fastest Thing Alive, Sonic was usually late to everything.

He realized that he need to leave or Tails, Amy and Knuckles would kill him. Turning around he ran back home where the first thing he saw was a familiar bike was parked in the drive. Wondering what the Faker was doing here he opened the door and almost walked into Omega.

'What the heck?' Sonic said surprised.

'Sonic!' Tails said 'You won't believe what happened!'

Sonic looked around everyone was there, Team Chaotix, Cream, Rouge, everyone. They all looked worried.

'What?'

'Eggman issued a ransom!' Tails said worried.

'What?' Sonic yelled. The man couldn't have gone that far had he?

'Look at this.' Amy said 'It's the video he sent.'

Sonic sat down and looked at the recorder. An image of Eggman popped up.

'Sonic my old enemy, for years you have plagued me, and now you will fall! I have here three prisoners that if you do not give yourself up in three days, will be robotized.' Eggman laughed evilly. 'And to make you speedier in your decision... BRING THEM IN!'

A group of SWATbots marched in carrying three people. Sonic froze. They were two hedgehogs and a lion. He could spot them a mile away.

'So Sonic, choose give yourself up or they go to the robotizer! I know you think I won't let them go, however I am a man of my word. And no rescue plans either, one hint of destruction and I will robotize them!'

'DON'T DO IT SONIC!' the girl hedgehog said pleadingly 'FIGHT HIM! DON'T LET HIM IN! DON'T GIVE UP!'

Eggman laughed 'Tick tock Sonic. Time flies.'

Sonic stared as the screen faded. Knuckles put his hand on Sonic's shoulder.

'So who were they?' Tails asked

Sonic struggled to speak. 'Wha- When was this sent?'

'About an hour ago, I think.' Tails replied

Sonic clenched his fist. 'I have to save them.'

'Who are they?'

Sonic looked up. Everyone surprised by the sad serious look in his eyes.

'The lion is Cyrus is head of resistance in Robotropolis.' The others looked confused.

'But Eggman conquered that area sixteen years ago, how do you know him?' Rouge said voicing the confusion

Sonic looked away and continued to talk. 'The hedgehogs are my younger siblings, Sonia and Manic and together we the children of Queen Aleena.'

Everyone looked dumbfounded. Rouge looked at him as if Christmas had come early.

'YOU'RE A PRINCE?' Shadow said looking furiously at Sonic

'Wait, doesn't that mean I have a brother and a sister?' Tails said

'Yeah Tails, it does.' Sonic said. Tails looked happy at that.

'WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL US!' Shadow yelled. 'AFTER ALL THEESE YEARS WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US THE TRUTH?'

Sonic flinched. Amy turned on Shadow.

'Shadow, he's just seen his siblings and friend held prisoner!'

'No, no Shadow is right I should've told you, I just...' Sonic sighed 'I just didn't want you to treat me like royalty. I came here to make sure that Eggman or Robotnik didn't ruin other people's lives like he had ruined mine and countless others.'

Shadow 'hmphed' and looked away.

'Look guys I need to save them.' Sonic said pleadingly 'They're my family... I left them without saying goodbye, or why I was going. He probably tricked them with a fake Sonic or something, I dunno... Please, help me.'

Everyone looked at him, with varying degrees of uncertainty. Sonic sighed.

'Fine, I can't see any other option but to give myself up. I won't let them suffer again.' Sonic stood up, and started towards the door. Knuckles and Amy grabbed him before he could leave.

'Sonic...' Amy said 'You're not giving yourself up. I don't care what the others do. I'm going with you!'

Sonic smiled. 'Thanks Ames.'

'Me too' Tails said 'We all are! If we don't, people will suffer.' He said smartly.

'Yeah, they'll have to suffer me as King.' Sonic joked. Everyone snickered at that thought.

'You knew Knuckles?' Amy asked.

'Yeah I knew him and them, in the, ahem, 'past''

'So, when do we leave?'

'We can't go now; we need to find out where they are, and the layout of where they are. We need to sneak in so that he doesn't robotize them.' Sonic sighed 'Tails can you find out where they are and the layout of the place?'

Tails smiled. 'You can count on me!' he ran to his lab computer and started looking for the 'prison-base' that Eggman was keeping his prisoners.

Sonic smiled at the fox's enthusiasm, and turned to the group.

'Guys, listen I really am sorry that I didn't tell you sooner, and thanks for helping me out with this.'

Cream ran over and hugged him. He sighed. 'Thank you for forgiving me...'