Wait, actual progress with shipping?!

Eggman was angry. Furious. Fuming.

'HOW?' Eggman yelled bringing his fist down on the arm of this chair so hard that a painful cracking sound echoed throughout the large control room. This didn't deter Eggman though. 'My security system is perfect! Yet that insufferable brat can just walk in whenever he feels like it!'

Taking a deep breath Eggman stood up and began to pace, rubbing his forehead. After pacing for a few minutes he stopped and grinned.

'I think a family reunion is in order...'

Sonic had discovered a jar of marshmallows in the "kitchen" and had proceeded to teach Manic about the chubby bunny challenge. This had led to a full out competition which included pie eating, to determine who was better. So far it was even between the two however it was at the cost of most of the Sonic Heroes' insanities.

'Guys, can't you be equal?' Sonia sighed as the two tried to eat a banana and down it with the un-branded soft drink.

'No.' Manic said while trying not to show everyone what he had for breakfast that morning.

'But-'

'Don't try it, honey,' Rouge sighed as she inspected a ruby. 'It's a primeval need to prove themselves. Most guys give in to it, which is why they're so competitive.' Rouge swapped the ruby for a sapphire. 'It's about proving themselves to possible mates.'

'Is it working?' Manic asked with his mouth full of the disgusting combination.

Rouge looked over with an eyebrow raised smiling 'Sure.'

'Yes!' Manic fist pumped triumphantly. Rouge laughed slightly at how ludicrous Manic looked.

'You ok Sonic?' Sonia asked concerned.

Sonic shook his head, looking at the floor. He forced himself to swallow and shuddered at the aftertaste.

'Never again...' Sonic cringed.

Meanwhile Silver was mentally preparing himself.

'I'm going to tell her. I am.' Silver sighed and forced himself to smile. Walking with confidence he turned a corner and saw Blaze's door, and instantly retreated. 'No, no, no, no, no. I can't, I can't.'

'Silver?'

Silver jumped out of his skin. Blaze looked at him curiously.

'H- hey Blaze.' Silver stuttered. Blaze frowned.

'Silver are you feeling well?' Blaze looked concerned.

'Nah, I'm good, I just- I' Silver cursed himself for being so ridiculous.

'Are you sure? Your face is red.' Blaze proceeded to make things worse by putting her hand on Silver's cheek to measure his temperature.

Silver blushed even harder. 'Darn it Silver just tell her!'

'Blaze I-I want to talk to you about...uh... something.' Silver mumbled.

'Okay, what is it?' Blaze said removing her hand.

'We've...ahem- we've known each other for- for a long time now.' Silver struggled.

'Yes.' Blaze stated confidently. 'You and I have a very strong bond.'

Silver blushed. 'Yeah... I- I guess we do...' he cleared his throat. 'So, I was thinking if maybe you-' Silver stopped. 'Come on! You can say it!' 'If maybe you- you wanted to go out sometime?'

Blaze blinked. 'Go out sometime? You mean like when Sonic dragged us all out to see a movie?'

Silver clenched his fists. He would have to explain it. 'No... like- like a date.'

Blaze blushed. 'Oh.'

Silver panicked 'I mean- you know if you don't want to- I can just-'

'Yes.' Blaze looked down at the floor shyly.

'Wait,' Silver stared at her. 'Yes?'

Blaze took a deep breath. 'Yes, I would like to go out sometime.'

Silver beamed. 'Ok, cool. Uh, how about this Friday? Six pm?'

'Yeah, ok.' Blaze blushed. 'I'll, um- I'

'Yeah, I'll- I'll see you then.' Silver said awkwardly.

'Yeah, I'll see you then.' Blaze smiled.

The two quickly walked off until they were out of earshot. Then Silver danced for joy. After the adrenaline wore off Silver suddenly stood up straight. 'What do I do?'

Sonic and Manic were balancing pencils on their noses while singing random lines from songs. Tails and Knuckles were playing snap to pass the time, and Sonia and Rouge were discussing whether or not it would be alright to kill Sonic. For some reason, Rouge was against killing Manic.

'BUT I WOULD WALK 500 MILES! AND I WOULD 500 MORE!' Sonic belted all sanity lost.

'I GET KNOCKED DOWN BUT I GET UP AGAIN YOU'RE NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN!' Manic retaliated.

'Snap!' Tails yelled. Knuckles grumbled something about how Tails had to be cheating.

'TELL ME MA WHEN I GO HOME THE BOYS WON'T LEAVE THE GIRLS ALONE!'

'TAKE MY HAND TONIGHT, LET'S NOT THINK ABOUT TOMORROW!'

This was what Silver was greeted with. He was one of the only members who didn't know about the competition, and so when he walked in he was very confused about why Sonic had stationary on his face and was singing "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". He decided to just walk out before it got worse. Which inevitability it did.

So, Silver found himself down an empty corridor, thinking about what the date was going to be like. He slumped against a wall and slowly slid down. Since he had such a positive mind, he found himself imagining the worst possible outcome: making a fool of himself, leading to Blaze distancing herself from him permanently.

'What are you doing on the floor?'

Silver jumped and looked up to see Shadow looking down at him curiously.

'I-' Silver sighed. He would have to admit it. 'I asked Blaze out on a date.'

'Oh' Shadow paused. 'So she said no?'

'Huh?' Silver blinked. 'No... she said yes...' Blushing he looked back down at his shoes.

Shadow grinned and made a mental note to collect 50 rings from Rouge. 'Then why are you so depressed about it?'

'I'm going to mess it up!' Silver broke out.

Shadow sat next to the younger hedgehog. 'Why are you worried? You two spend most of your time together anyway.'

'Well...' Silver trailed off.

'C'mon cheer up.' Shadow grinned 'Just be yourself.'

Silver sighed 'I'm still going to panic though.'

Shadow laughed quietly. 'That's normal.'

Silver looked at Shadow. 'Who knew you'd be good at relationship advice.'

Grinning the ultimate lifeform got up and dusted himself off. 'Unless you plan on beating yourself up for another hour I'd suggest getting you the common room. Sonic and Manic found a dance game for the Zee U, which isn't very good at registering movement, it's pretty funny.' And with that Shadow walked off.

Silver smiled 'He's right. I can do this!'.

The hedgehog walked down the corridor, with fresh hope in his heart and a spring in his step.