So Mr Hedgehog, what do we have to do?

Sonic Heroes had finally settled down, as in Knuckles and Amy had stopped attacking each other (they both wanted the same room: Knuckles wanted it because it was across the hall from Sonia, and Amy wanted it because, well you can guess, *cough* Sonic *cough*(Amy won)) and chosen their rooms.

Tails was writing in his diary, after he had unpacked his back pack.

“Dear Diary,

Wow, where do I start? We found out Dr Eggman had issued a ransom, and the hostages just so happened to be Sonic’s siblings and an old friend of his. Also he’s royalty, which makes me royalty too. I’m really excited, we’re helping Sonia and Manic get back their, I mean our kingdom back. Also, I’ve got a mom! How cool is that!

I’m so glad I found this book is the forest, you know, before Sonic found me. I can look back and remember what my life was like, and go through all the happy memories, like my first Christmas with Sonic, I remember he got me my handheld computer, I’ve still got it, I did a lot of work on it, so it’s up-to-date.

Any enough rambling, I’d better go help Sonic unpack. I know for a fact he’ll either forget where he put something, only unpack some things or both.

Signed

Miles ‘Tails’ Prower”

Tails closed the book and hid it under his mattress. He actually had quite a big room; however it was sparsely furnished, with only a bed and a wardrobe. The walls were grey and the wardrobe and bed were a similar colour.

In Sonic’s room all of hell had broken out. Socks and shoes, along with various other items including, Chip’s bracelet and a copy of Sonic and the Black Knight, had been thrown behind the owner frantically.

Sonic himself was standing in the middle of the chaos.

‘Tails help me I can’t find the present I got Amy.’ He said whispering the last part.

‘Hmm, maybe a fracture in the time space continue-‘

‘Tails I don’t understand you’ Sonic said frantically rummaging through the pile of socks.

‘Maybe wibbly wobbly timey-wimy stuff sucked it up.’

‘Hilarious’

‘Have you tried under the bed?’

Sonic stopped searching through the pile of socks to look under the bed.

‘Heh, no…’ Sonic laughed nervously ‘Ah there it is.’ He proclaimed ‘I think it’ll stay there. Or else Amy might find it.’ Sonic sat on the bed.

‘Really Sonic, you didn’t try under the bed?’ Tails laughed.

‘Well I’m sorry, but I can’t be two things at once.’

‘‘You can’t be two things at once?’ What do mean Sonic?’

‘I can’t be the forgetful big brother and the smart logical one, all at the same time now can I?’

‘Right,’ Tails walked over to the bed and sat with Sonic ‘so what’s your plan on how to kick Eggman out of here is…?’

‘…Um…’ Sonic pulled the ‘concentrated’ face

‘You don’t have one do you?’

‘No, I was just going to smash all of his robots and blow up his factories, and you know, hope for the best.’

‘…You would literally be the worst king in history.’

‘I know, which is why I have a plan for that problem, but as for the slightly rounder problem of Eggman, we’ll just do what we do. Like I said at the gate, remember?’

‘Ok… so you brought ‘Sonic and the Black Knight’?’

‘Yeah figured that Manic would want a bed-time story,’

‘AH HEARD THAT SONIC!’ Manic yelled from across the hall. ‘AND YES YOU WERE COMPLETELY RIGHT, BUT ONLY IF SONIA AND TAILS LISTEN TOO, AND YOU DO VOICES!’

Sonic and Tails laughed. Once calm, Sonic looked at Tails.

‘So tell me about the wibbly wobbly timey-wimy stuff.’