Sonic, no Sonic... Sonic no!

Sonic stared.

'That's...' Sonic started to walk forwards.

'Sonic what are you doing?' Amy hissed at dumbstruck hedgehog.

Sonic ignored her getting closer to the bot.

'Sonic, get back, we've gotta find Maria!' Shadow hissed.

Sonic looked around. The group were shocked to tears forming in his emerald eyes.

'I-' Sonic gulped, 'I might never get another chance...'

Suddenly alarms went off, sirens wailing.

'CODE RED. RESISTANCE MEMBER SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG IS OUT OF CONTAINMENT. DO NOT ENGAUGE IN COMBAT. THIS A CODE RED'

'Sonic c'mon let's get out here!' Knuckles yelled grabbing the dumbstruck hedgehogs arm, attempting to pull him away from the weapon manufacturing area, where bots of kinds are quickly loading all the finished products into escape pods.

Sonic gulped, nodded and slowly turned his back to his uncle.

'Alright let's try to find Maria on the way out!' Tails piped.

Sonic nodded. 'I'll be back Unc... I promise...'

The group rushed out of the weapon maintenance area, and off down the corridor. Bot rushed past them not bothering with them, due to the announcement. They ran towards the exit searching for any sign of the brown hedgehog. Soon they saw the exit just ahead of them, bots running to and fro carrying different weapons and materials.

'C'mon we're nearly out.' Knuckles urged. 'Let's keep going, ok?'

'We haven't found Maria.' Shadow argued. 'I'm not leaving without her.'

'We can't save everyone Shadow.' Sonic growled making the group flinch 'Trust me, we'll get her back. Besides Egg-head will've increased the security around her, he knows that's where you'll go first.'

Shadow opened his mouth to retort however he interrupted by-

'HALT HEDGEHOGS. YOU ARE UNDER ARREST.'

'Hey blot-head you're supposed to ignore Shadow the Hedgehog remember!' Shadow yelled, going to punch the robot.

'Shadow no!' Sonic pulled the hedgehog back. 'Argus?'

'ARREST ALL ENEMIES OF THE STATE.'

'Sonic what are you?' Amy cried out 'We have to go!'

'Tails you need a subject right?' Sonic yelled dodging the robot's attacks.

'For the robotizer?' Tails yelled 'Yes I do!'

'Good I've found you one!' Sonic replied, grabbing the group and robot and blasting out of the base.

Sonia was panicking.

'Are you sure he didn't just go out for a run?'

'In the middle of the night?' Manic retorted, pulling out a number of laser guns and weaponry. 'He's gone and done something dumb, Sonia. You remember how he was right? Constant headaches.'

Sonia frowned. 'We all got them. It's been stressful for all three of us these past six years.'

'Sonic has been doin' this since he was four, remember.' Manic sighed 'He's had a hard time of it...'

Sonia grimaced. When she was four the hardest thing in her life was learning the waltz, which in actuality, she excelled at. She had a comfortable life with enough dresses and shoes to clothe every girl in Mobotropolis, and several life sized dolls with even more dresses to clothe them. Fighting –or learning to fight- SWATbots was unthinkable.

'I guess...' Sonia admitted. She pulled herself together 'But that doesn't mean that he can run off at any time!'

'Sonia, hun, he knows it's dangerous to go alone,' Rouge walked- basically waltzed- into the main hanger in which the siblings were arguing 'so he took Amy, Tails and Knuckles apparently...'

'What?' The hedgehogs looked at Rouge open mouthed.

'Why'd have to endanger me future sister-in-law?' Manic moaned at his brother's stupidity.

'He has faith in her,' Silver added as the rest of the team joined the trio in the hanger. 'He's actually taken a very balanced team.'

Manic looked at the hedgehog, confused. Silver as started to explain Blaze cut him off.

'Sonic is fast. Tails is smart. Knuckles is strong. Amy is a gymnast, so she's flexible. They'll be fine Sonia.' Blaze smiled reassuringly.

'ARREST ALL ENEMIES OF THE STATE!'

'Huh, what was that?' Cream asked, worry clouding her face.

Argus-bot burst into the hanger pursed by a very angry pair of hedgehogs.

'WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, FAKER!'

'GIMME A BREAK SHADS, I'M EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE!'

'ARREST ALL ENEMIES OF THE STATE.'

Sonic and Shadow grabbed the bot and held him steady.

'Sonic this plan is insane.' Tails walked in calm holding a small chip.

Sonic grunted. 'Just... help...please...'

Tails plugged the chip into Argus-bot, who suddenly froze.

'Thank you...Tails.' Sonic panted.

Silence.

Shadow glared at Sonic. 'Faker...'

Sonic turned to Shadow. 'Shadow?'

'Maria is still in there...' Shadow spoke quietly 'and you decided to bring a robot, who literally hates that you exist, into the only base we have...'

Sonic sighed. 'Shadow... he knew us...'

'What?'

'He used to be the captain of our mother's personal guard. He got robotized six years ago, when he was on the way to meet up with our mother.' Sonic sighed. 'Tails? How's De-Robotizer coming along?'

'Really well, I just need to test it few more times, iron out the kinks and she'll be good to go.'

Sonia smiled as she watched the group welcome back Shadow and collectively move the Argus-bot to Tails' lab.

'We're almost there Mother.' Sonia thought with a smile 'We'll all be to together soon...'