Hooray! More reunions!

Three hedgehogs and a two tailed fox blasted through the giant double doors out into the open air. Sonic ran towards the HQ of the resistance, but stopped about a mile away from the actual location.

'Yo, Sonic the HQ isn't here, a little further along bro.'

'Manic,' Sonic said 'Egghead will be looking for three hedgehogs and a fox breaking the sound barrier, at a minimum. He will not be looking for a group of four walking.' Sonic looked at his brother with the no duh face.

'Ok, ok.' Manic said turning to Maria. 'You alright, cause you seem kinda shaky?'

'Yeah, I' Maria trembled 'Wow, we went fast.'

'You'll get used to it.' Tails smiled. 'My name is Tails, well it's a nickname, to be honest, and these are my brothers Manic and Sonic.'

'It's a pleasure.' Maria said. The group had started walking Tails helping Maria as she was unsteady on her feat

'Oh one thing,' Manic started 'our mom is a Queen, but don't, I and mean don't, treat us like royalty.'

'Manic was raised by a gang of thieves' Sonic added 'and I was raised by a middle class family until they were taken away. After that my Uncle Chuck raised me.'

'Oh...' Maria stated unsure of what to say.

'Heh, sorry' Sonic smiled sheepishly 'didn't mean to dump that on ya.'

'Oh no, it's ok. I understand.' She smiled.

They reached the HQ intact and Sonic open the door, dreading the reception, questions and hugs they would undoubtedly get.

'Well, here goes nothin'' he thought grimly.

'SONIC!' Amy jumped on Sonic hugging the life out of him

'Hey... Amy...' Sonic struggled 'Can't... breathe......'

'Oops, sorry...' Amy said releasing the hedgehog, who gasped for air.

'S'ok......' Sonic gasped 'Can you get everyone into our largest room please. And, make extra sure that Shadow's there.' He whispered the last part 'we'll explain everything when everyone's there.

'Ok... hey who's that?' Amy asked pointing at Maria.

'I'll explain then Amy, ok?'

'Ok, I'll get them.' Amy nodded cheerily and ran off to get the rest of their Resistance.

'C'mon in.' Sonic invited the dumbstruck Maria inside.

Meanwhile in the fortress of the malevolent Dr Eggman, panicked SWATbots were doing their best to look for the escaped hedgehog.

'I WANT MY COUSIN FOUND OR YOU'LL ALL GO TO THE JUNK YARD!' Eggman bellowed to their newest robots: a large orange creature and a wolfish bot that smiled continuously.

'Yes sir.'

The Resistance had gathered and Sonic, Manic and Tails were hiding Maria from view.

'Ok, everyone here?' Sonic asked smiling happily.

'Yep I checked three times!' Amy smiled.

'So Sonic,' Sonia looked at her brother suspiciously 'two questions: What did you find, and why aren't you wearing the dress?'

Snickering ensued. Sonic coughed.

'I need to make a quick escape. Long dresses aren't the best for running in.' Sonia nodded knowingly 'and we found a new member.'

'Were they being robotized?'

'No, Tails will explain. Any way I'd like to introduce...'Sonic, Tails and Manic moved away. Maria gave a little gasp at the brooding hedgehog so many people mistake for Sonic.