And I'm just getting started....

'OK, who let Shadow go after Maria without a plan or back-up?' Sonic rubbed his temple, a headache forming. He'd stopped getting them when left Robotropolis, but the stress was starting to build up again.

'Hun,' Rouge walked over 'Have you seen him when he's properly angry?'

'Yes' Sonic stated glaring.

'Calm down Sonic,' Amy hugged Sonic 'it'll be ok.'

'It's just,' Sonic sighed 'Shadow's not a bad guy, and he's just worried about Maria.'

'We know, we'll find him, ok?' Amy smiled.

Sonic grinned at her. Her bubbly attitude cheered up everyone when they're in a bad mood.

'M'kay.' Sonic yawned rubbing his eyes.

'Ok mister bed. Now.' Amy commanded

'I don't wanna go to bed!' Sonic chuckled.

'C'mon Sonic, bed time.' Amy smiled.

Rouge smiled after them. Cute couple.

Rouge walked out of the main control room and started along the corridor.

'Hey babe.' Rouge turned to see a very tired Manic just outside of the main room.

'Hey,' Rouge sighed.

'Aw, c'mon what's with the long face, Rouge?'

'It's Shadow. The guy's always doing stuff like this.' Rouge smiled ruefully. 'I guess we should be used to it by now.'

'Yeah, maybe...' Manic smiled tiredly 'So, you let my brother get kidnapped by Amy, huh?'

'Hey, what was I supposed to do? She was mothering him.' Rouge laughed.

'Yeah, I guess...' Manic chuckled. He looked around and sighed. 'We'd better get to bed.'

'Yeah, I'm exhausted. I'll see you tomorrow, hun.'

'See, ya later babe.'

Shadow's POV

'Argh, God...' I groaned in pain. 'What the hell!'

I became aware of my situation. My arms were held down by those darned robotic arms, and I couldn't move them.

Where in his base am I, exactly? It's not like his usual lab, perhaps he made to contain me. If so I'm flattered.

I sighed. I didn't even save Maria...

Darn. I'm such a mess recently, I need to get it together.

I looked around, trying to find something to do, but alas the room was featureless, like most of Eggman's bases, silver plated walls, dark interior no pictures or statues just...walls.

'I did not expect my Saturday to involve being contained in Eggman's lab.' I growled. I just have the worst luck, nearly dying, getting amnesia and involving myself in this madness.

'Shadow.'

Great. Eggman. This day is just perfect isn't it.

'You're probably wondering why you're here.'  Wonderful, he's gloating. This day's getting better and better.

'Not really.' I answered, slyly. 'You're probably going to use as a hostage or you'll use my DNA to create a monster, robot hybrid to kill Sonic.'

'...'

Got you. I smiled. Eggman really is predictable, sometimes. It's a wonder he has any good plans at all.

'I'm right aren't I Doctor?'

'You don't know that.'

'Then why didn't you answer.'

'I didn't want to.'

'Not even to prove me wrong?'

'Sweet Chaos you're almost as annoying as he is!'

'You're comparing me to Sonic?' I asked sweetly 'Wow, he must be honoured.'

Eggman sighed. 'This is not how I wanted my Saturday to go.'

'Well, you're not the only one, suck it up Eggman.'

'Good god, are you still talking?'

'Nah, I'm using telepathic connection.'

'Can you even do that?'

'Well, no.' I said sarcastically.

Eggman groaned. 'I take it back. You are as annoying as Sonic.'

'Remind me to buy a cake to celebrate this momentous occasion. The day that the ultimate lifeform is as annoying as Sonic the Hedgehog.'

'Well let me know if the ultimate lifeform wants a magazine or something.' Eggman swiftly left the lab/prison.

Nailed it.