Maria?

Sonica, Manette and Mila, were at the gate to Eggman’s fortress.

‘Hi there,’ Sonica said to the stationary guards.

‘We’re here to see Dr Eggman,’ Manette simpered ‘We believe we have information on the Resistance.’

The bots looked at each other. In response they open the giant double doors.

‘Thanks sweeties.’ Manic smiled waving to the bots as they passed.

The trio walked along the corridor, keeping an eye out for any suspicious behaviour.

‘Yo, Ah think Ah’ve found something’ Manic said pointing to the door, with the giant sign reading: “DO NOT ENTER, SCIENCE LAB.”

‘Ok check it out, Tails and I will check out his main control room.’ Sonic whispered.

Sonic and Tails crept down the hall as Manic picked the lock.

Once in the control room Tails headed to the computer, while Sonic headed to the newly installed capsule.

‘Hey Tails,’ Sonic whispered ‘there a couple of the Chaos Emeralds in here!’

‘I’ll open it,’ Tails said hacking into the mainframe.

The capsule opened and Sonic grabbed the Emeralds.

‘If you’re done we’ll catch up with Manic.’

‘Almost…’ Tails typed faster ‘Done!’

‘Great,’ Sonic smiled ‘Let’s go.

They went back to the door where Manic was sitting with his eyes closed, and an open door leading to Eggman’s lab.

‘What took ya so long?’ He smirked

‘Oh shut it Manic.’ Sonic said walking to the lab, followed by his brothers

The room was a large room, built in the stereotypical Eggman style. High tech, metal and lit only with over head lamps, that weren’t that bright.

‘OK Tails: do your thing,’ Sonic smiled.

‘On it,’                                   

‘Manic you can loot as much stuff as possible, kay?’

‘Whoa, whoa, whoa, Sonic Hedgehog is allowing me to steal?’ Manic smiled.

‘Yes Manic. He is.’ Sonic grinned ‘It’s Rouge’s fault.’

‘You got it, bro!’

Sonic, having nothing to do, walked around and found a pod. The pod was made of metal and had writing printed on the side:

“PROJECT: M.R.”

‘Uh, Tails?’ Sonic called. ‘Weird looking capsule with weird project name that we might need to get rid of.’

‘Coming Sonic, DON’T TOUCH IT!’

‘Ok, ok jeez.’

Tails and Manic walked over to look at the capsule. After a moment of silence Sonic looked impatiently at Tails.

‘Well?’ Sonic questioned.

Without responding Tails opened the pod.

‘Tails,’ Sonic shouted as sirens went off. The doors burst open and SWATbots bust in. ‘Manic hold them off.’

‘Already on it’ Manic smiled, pulling out a laser blaster he’d nicked.

‘WHY’D YOU JUST OPEN IT?’ Sonic yelled over the sirens.

‘I THINK I KNOW WHAT’S IN IT!’ Tails explained ‘IF I’M RIGHT WE WON’T HAVE TO FIGHT IT, IF I’M WRONG YOU’D BETTER GET READY FOR A HUGE FIGHT!’

The pod whirred and smoke poured out of it. A brown hedgehog with blonde hair and blue eyes sat up coughing.

‘Where am I?’ She asked looking at the dumbfounded hedgehog and the smug fox. Then her gaze fell on Manic, who at the same moment had just destroyed a SWATbot.

‘Oh…’ she looked at Tails ‘Um, sorry, but could you tell me where I am?’

‘Of course, if you tell us who you are.’ Tails asked politely.

‘Maria Robotnik.’

‘Wait a sec,’ Sonic stared at her ‘You’re Maria?’

‘Yes,’ Maria nodded ‘and you three aren’t girls are you?’

‘How’d you guess?’ Manic laughed blowing up another SWATbot. ‘Ok, we’re in a fortress of a tyrannical villain who is also you’re cousin.’

‘Ivo,’ Maria asked confused ‘but, he’s only a baby.’

‘Ha, ha, Eggman, a baby, can you guys imagine that?’ Sonic laughed.

‘Nope, he’s like, what age is he?’ Manic laughed.

‘Dude, no one knows how old he is.’

‘Ok, what time am I in?’ Maria asked crossing her arms.

‘Um…’Sonic looked at Tails. ‘This may come as a shock…’

SWATbots burst through the door.

‘We’ll tell you later!’ Sonic shouted, pulling off the disguise. ‘Manic take these.’

‘Oh lovely’ Manic held the dress at arm’s length.

‘Don’t worry, guys I’ll get us outta here!’