Oh, boy...

Sonia almost flew out of her seat for the fortieth time. They were driving along a road that took them to Mobotropolis, and it was filled with potholes.

‘How much longer?’ she asked wearily.

‘Not much longer, hang in there Sonia.’ Tails said soothingly, keeping an eye on the road.

Sonia had originally protested about Tails, who was only eight after all, driving. She and Sonic had had a heated argument, which Sonic won. The only reason he won was by saying that ‘Tails can fly a plane for chaos’ sake! He’s more than cable of driving a van!’ No one could argue with that.

And so Sonia, Manic and basically everyone who couldn’t run fast enough to keep up with the van, were sitting trying to remain seated.

Sonia concentrated on the blur that was Sonic, leading the way. She had noticed that Sonic, who had been speedy before, was even faster. Even with his medallion (Which she was holding in her pocket, Manic and herself were wearing theirs) he hadn’t been this fast, and he wasn’t even wearing it!

She shook her head. She, Manic and Cyrus had heard what Sonic had gotten up to, and it all seemed impossible. Time travelling monsters, becoming part of story book adventures, DYING and something called ‘Super Sonic’, it was all incredible and unbelievable. All of this was exactly like something that would happen to Sonic.

Tails glanced over at her. ‘Are you ok, Sonia? You look kinda green…’

Sonia started. ‘Oh… um yeah I’m fine’ The van hit a pothole ‘Just thinking…’

Tails smiled ‘I know a lot has happened…’

Sonia smiled ‘Are you ok with being Prince Tails of Mobotropolis?’

Tails looked shocked. The van started to veer off the road.

‘Tails keep your eyes on the road!’ Rouge called from the rear of the bus

‘Oops! Sorry!’ Tails called back

Sonia gigged ‘Didn’t you realize that being part of our family makes you royalty?’

‘Sorry, I was concentrating on the fact that I have another brother, a sister and a mother, which I’ve never had before.’

Sonia smiled. ‘I can relate, I was so shocked to find out I had brothers, I wasn’t sure how to react, so I went for calm and composed.’

Tails laughed. Ahead on the road they saw Sonic slowing down.

‘OK GUYS WE MUST BE CLOSE SONIC’S SLOWING DOWN!’ Tails hollered.

As Tails slowed the van, Sonic slowed down completely, everyone looked up at the huge wall that stretched as far as the eye could see. Everyone excluding those who had seen it before and Shadow let out a low whistle.

‘That’s one big wall…’ Rouge uttered impressed.

‘And it’s not for decoration.’ Manic said.

Sonic opened the door ‘Okay guys we’re here, time to get out.’

‘Ok Sonic we’re coming!’ Amy piped

Once everyone was outside Cyrus started to tell them the plan.

‘Ok, we need to drive out Robot- Eggman’s forces as soon as possible.’

‘And we need to find our mom too.’ Sonia put in.

‘Yeah that too’

‘So guys,’ Sonic smiled ‘are you ready to do what we do best?’

Everyone smiled and Amy rested her hammer on her shoulder. Cyrus, Sonia and manic looked confused.

‘Wait, what is it that you guys do best?’ Manic verbalized.

‘What we do best is destroying Eggman’s robots.’ Knuckles smiled.

‘And boy do we do it too much…’ Sonic looked into the distance dramatically, a knowing look on his face.

Everyone laughed, Sonic smiled and looked around.

‘Did I say that out load?’ Everyone nodded ‘Oops. Well we’d better get to HQ right Cyrus?’

‘Yep, let’s get going!’ Cyrus said ecstatically.

As they got back into the van and went up to the wall, the figure that had been watching them since Eggman’s base had blown up smiled knowingly.

‘Soon…’