IT'S DE-ROBOTIZING TIME!

Shadow had locked himself in his room and was refusing visitors. Sonic passed it off that Shadow was finally going through the teenager rebellion stage that was 50 or so years late.

'Sonic, he's missing Maria, annoyed that he didn't get her back and infuriated that you rescued him instead of her.' Amy sighed.

'Just tryin' lighten the mood.' Sonic grumbled, resting his head in his hand.

'Talk to him.' Amy insisted.

'What'll that do?' Sonic exhaled, rubbing his forehead. 'He hates me, remember.'

'Go.' Amy smiled, pecking Sonic's cheek as she left the room.

'Heh...' Sonic blushed grinning.

As Sonic walked down the darkening corridor to Shadow's room, while trying to keep the migraine at bay, he contemplated what to say. Nothing too friendly, as Shadow would just explode.

Sonic stopped outside the door. 'Well, here goes nothing...'

He raised his fist and rapped the door.

'Leave!' Shadow rejected, angrily.

Sonic ignored him and gently opened the door.

In the room, the lights were off, bathing the room in shadows. The living Shadow was in a corner with his knees drawn up to under his chin. His eyes were dull, as Sonic realised that they had been brighter and happier when he had found out Maria was alive. Now they had return to the dull state they had been in when they had first met.

'I said leave.' Shadow spat glaring at Sonic.

Sonic closed the door behind him and turned the lights on. Shadow glared, shielding his gloomy eyes from the bright glare.

'Get out.'

'Shadow...' Sonic started.

'I don't care what you say, it's not a worth a darn.'

'I'm...sorry.' Sonic sighed.

Shadow looked up at Sonic, confusion clouding his face.

'We should've tried to save Maria, I just...' Sonic sighed. 'I haven't seen my Uncle in years... I was too late to save him, I should have saved Maria, while we had the chance...'

'Sonic...' Shadow stood up smiling wryly 'we've both lost something, Sonic, we'll work together to get them back.'

Sonic grinned. 'Say, you wanna come see the de-robotizer, Manic's making popcorn.'

Shadow smiled. 'I'm expecting an explosion though, otherwise it won't be worth it.'

'Okay, you guys?' Tails hyped.

'Yeah!' Manic yelled, accidentally launching popcorn all over a disgruntled Shadow.

'Okay, this had better be worth it Sonic.' Shadow threatened.

'Three, two, one!' Tails pushed the button.

The de-robotizer whirred, blue light shining from the inside illuminating the surrounding area. The whirring in intensified as the de-robotizer transformed Argus-bot back into his normal self.

Suddenly the de-robotizer opened up and smoke filled the lab pouring into every crevice.

'Cough, Tails'. Sonic choked 'Is that supposed to happen?'

'I ...think so' Tails spluttered.

'Huh, what- where?'

'Argus?' Sonia called out.

The smoke cleared away, revealing a tall, Mobian wearing an eyepiece.

'Sonia, Manic, Sonic!' Argus ran forward and embraced the hedgehogs.

'Argus, man it's good to see you!' Manic sighed. 'Ah, was worried that machine was gonna blow up!'

'Blow me up?'

'Yeah, was kinda hoping that it'd go BOOM!' Manic laughed, 'Would've been awesome!

'Wow look at you lot,' Argus exclaimed, looking at the hedgehogs properly for the first time 'you're so tall!'

'Hey five years will do that' Sonic smiled.

'Five years...' Argus sighed. 'It's been that long huh...'

'Yeah...' Manic sighed 'still no closer to beating 'Butnik... though'

Argus smiled, 'Don't worry, we'll get there someday.'

Sonic shook himself. 'Argus I want you to meet, the Sonic Heroes,'

'Sonic Heroes-'

'Long Story.' Sonic moved over to Tails, who was still in awe that he'd transformed a robot into a living thing. 'This is the genius who transformed you back, we call him Tails.'

'Tails?' Argus' eyes widened when he saw Tails' tails.

'I know, I'm odd.' Tails blushed.

'Well,' Argus smiled at the fox 'Aren't we all?'