Chapter 13

A/N: Before we start, I just want to say thank you for 630+ reads! Honestly, it's insane the way this story has been taking off. You all have my full gratitude and respect, because I'd never imagine reaching this number! Without any further delay, I present to you: Team Foster-Keefe (Chapter 13!)

Sophie's half-asleep brain heard muffled voices when she woke up. Of course, she couldn't stop dreaming about a certain handsome blonde elf. And she seriously didn't know why this was happening. 

"Poor girl. She looks exhausted," someone with a gentle tone said.

A male voice sighed, and said, "It's my fault... I had to keep the secret from her."

Sophie started to stir as she felt soft hands stroking her hair. Her eyes fluttered open and she saw Edaline's timid, worried face looming over her. Grady was a few feet behind, an arm pressed to his scrunched up forehead. 

"I- Um. Good morning, Sophie," said Edaline, carefully.

Sophie sat up in bed, rubbing her bleary eyes. A chill went through her, as she bundled the blankets around her shoulders. She let out a yawn.

"Good morning," was all she said, as she promptly got out of bed, and walked to her bathroom. Honestly, she knew none of this was Grady or Edaline's fault. Sophie didn't even know why she was acting with them this way. Yes, they'd kept a super, duper, huge secret from her about one of her most special friends. But then again, you can't go back on a promise. 

Some people were able to do that a bit too easily.

                   ━━━━━━━━━༻♡༺━━━━━━━━━

Sophie was in her closet, figuring out what to wear. It surprised her, because she never really gave a fig about her appearance. Not unless she really had to. 

When she'd first manifested as an Enhancer, she had to wear gloves to conceal the ability. And to avoid suspicion and scrutinization from the public, Sophie had to start wearing fancier clothes.

"Meanwhile, you look especially sparkly," he added, with a slow smile.

Sophie fussed with her jeweled sleeves, flushing.

Keefe's lips tilted in to his famous smirk as he crossed the room to stand closer. "I mean that as a compliment, Foster. Sparkles look good on you. So does the new hairdo."

He reached up, his fingers skating gently along the edge of the intricate braid weaving through the front part of her hair.

"if you're trying to impress me, it's working," he told her, as she felt her cheeks warm- until he added, "But, you always impress me, so maybe you were thinking of someone else?"

-Nightfall, Chapter 11 (Loosely paraphrased!)

Sophie recalled this memory with Keefe. She felt her chest bearing heavy breaths, and her cheeks were red.

She impressed Keefe? 

Honestly, she hadn't really thought about this question. That day was just filled with so much, when the Forkle twin was revealed. But now that she looked back at it, her stomach filled with tons of small, fluttery things. 

Sophie's mouth went dry, as she walked over to another section of her closet, her hands shaking as she picked out the first tunic she could get her hands out.

Not surprisingly, it was ice blue. 

She groaned, as she sat down on a plush ottoman, the tunic still on its hanger, gently laid down beside her.