Most and Least fun things to write

I'm a writer, most of y'all are also.

There are things that are super fun, and super annoying to write when it comes to novels. Here are some of my favorites!

Arguments

Writing arguments are soooo fun when done the right way. I like writing arguments between two smart characters bc they both be making POINTS. And I just think anger is such a complex emotion that shows itself in really interesting ways. I like to write arguments the way they occur in real life, gaslighting, backtracking, saying mean things, all of that. It's fun!

now, I'm definitely guilty of writing bad arguments. In my opinion a "bad" argument is when two characters are going back and forth and one is objectively wrong— with no nuance . If one of the characters is arguing some shit that makes no sense, then to me the argument is ridiculous. That also makes the comments sooo unpleasant.

Apologies

I hate writing apologies. They're very necessary but it's sooo easy to slip into corny territory, especially with a couple. The hard part about writing love based novels is that there is a very VERY thin line between cute, and cheesy. The comments will let you know which is which.

Sex

Everyone knows I hate writing sex...it's so difficult to me (that's why I got monsieurcam )

But! Writing that lil tension scene that comes before sex? YES. I love making my characters interact in ways that are sexually charged, it's just so flirty and cute and enjoyable to read (in my opinion)

I love letting female characters get into their SEXY yk what I mean?? Get tf into it!!

Endings

Most difficult thing to write. Ever. I'm still having a hard time pacing endings correctly. The only book I feel as if I ended properly is difference. The rest I rushed sooo bad.

Epilogues

I. LOVE. EPILOGUES. If you've ever read one of my completed books, I usually write about the characters lives four of five years later. I like epilogues cause they're simple, wholesome, and no conflict. Just happy people living their happy lives (usually after going through some serious shit)

Drunk/high

I like writing about drunk characters cause they're usually having a lot of fun, or can't think straight. That's always cool to write.

I do enjoy high characters because they usually make the audience laugh— which I like to do.

Humor

Speaking of humor lol.

Ive gotten comments saying they enjoy the humor in my stories (I am NOT patting myself on the back here, these are actual comments)

I think I love comedy/comic relief characters in my books so much cause there's usually some serious shit going on plot wise!!

If you read Tutor, Forest was both a plot device and comic relief.

If you read The Fix, Nathan's friends were comic relief. (And he was just a naturally witty guy, such an asshole it's kind of funny?)

If you read difference, most of the comedy would come from adonis' awkwardness. In the second half though, Eden and Adam acted as comic relief pretty often.

If you're reading Haven, aiden, Aisha, and Nivea usually act as both plot devices and comic relief.

Relentless, comedy often comes from Oak.

I think humor is a nice thing to have in a novel of a decent length, I think wattpad books have some of the funniest lines I've read. EVER. not to mention the comments, wow. They are hilarious. Different books of mine have different forms of humor, and I like that!

Authors notes

Bro I used to write so much unnecessary shit in my authors notes omg. I'm sorry y'all. That was so annoying.

Nowadays it's a way for me to apologize for going missing for weeks at a time.

That and if the word count is an odd number, I like to make it even :p

Love confessions

Ugh.

Characters getting caught in a lie

Orgasm inducing, truly.

Outfit descriptions

Such a pain in the ass to write that I no longer include them unless necessary to the plot. Plus I found that no matter what the character is wearing, people will find it ugly. I have NO regrets in putting adonis in a Hawaiian shirt. The comments didn't like that :(

Horrible trauma

Not fun to write but sometimes necessary.

Random shit

Sometimes I say shit just bc I know the comments will be in shambles. It's like a little bit of entertainment :)

But yeah, those are the things I like, and don't like to write. Pleaseee comment what things you enjoy writing, or what you don't.

Also if you don't write, what do you like reading? What do you hate reading?

I WANNA KNOW