"You're a writer?"

I don't mind this question. There's literally no reason to. It's just.....the follow up comments.

Friends: "oh you're a writer? Let me read it!"
Me: "oh..no. I don't like for many people to read my stuff."
Friend: "but you let a bunch of strangers on the internet read it?!?!!"

I don't like this for multiple reasons. I've only let a few people in my personal life read my books and that's because I knew they wouldn't trip about it.

My ex bf being one, Faris, and another friend of mine.

A lot of times friends will try and sneak to see what my @ is..or guess the title of my book. And I just wanna know is it weird that I find my works to be...private?

Like obviously they aren't private because you all have read it. But..I don't want my friends and associates to read a couple of my stories simply because I put SO much of my life and feelings into it. It feels different if those reading it are people I don't know closely.

Bf: you're a writer? Do people actually like..read it?
Me: plenty of people do. I actually really enjoy publishing my stories
Bf: oh that's cool..but like it's just on an app though right? Not like a real book

There's nothing inherently harmful about this but damn. I feel some type of way ! sometimes ppl act like it means nothing because it's not on paper. I like to think that my works are worth something

random: you're a writer?? so you're characters 😯🤭 do they..have sex?
Me: most of them
Random: 🤯😨😰
Me: sex is a normal part of many young adults' lives..

Self explanatory.

And finally...

friend: omg...is this about _____??
Me: no.
Friend: did you write her thinking about me??
Me: no.
Friend: doesn't he kind of act like Faris?
Me:......

I find it awkward when people do this. Yikes.

Any of y'all write and experience something similar? Or just me 😅