Chapter 6

∾ Learning Games ∾

- Chapter 6-

Warnings for this chapter: Some cursing

⊱⊰ Bendy's Pov⊱⊰

The rest of the day went by fast, and soon enough, the lights were turned off. I stretched, my back arching before I slumped down on the bed. I snuggled into the blanket, my tail curling around the edge of the bed. This was the only time I knew I was alone, and had the chance to rest. I wondered how long it would take before the foundation realized I could see quite well in the dark. I also wondered what their reaction would be, and how hard I should laugh.

I figured I could laugh when the time came up, but for now, they were blissfully unaware. I wasn't going to open that can of worms just yet. I yawned, the dark atmosphere and relative safety of the room was enough to get me tired. I twisted myself deeper into the blanket, before finally deciding to sleep. The black wave of unconsciousness crashed over me before I even knew what hit me.

⊱⊰ Saltzer's Pov⊱⊰

Bendy is hiding something from me, and I just know it. It's behavior just doesn't line up. That, and coupled with the sheer fact it had been able to escape not one, but two highly trained guards made up for it. I was going to interrogate it fully tomorrow, and I wouldn't take 'no' or a chuckle as an answer. We had been sidetracked too much these last days, and we would be doing a full physical this time. 

The video footage had been declared vital evidence, but left no information on how it escaped. On the video feed, it showed it simply sneaking away while we were distracted. It didn't show what it did, and it was driving me mad. How can something just walk out of collar, when it could have easily done so before? Was it just cooperating for the sake of it? Could it just walk out the door and we wouldn't notice a thing?

I needed to find out. I would be getting my answers tomorrow, whether 'Bendy' liked it or not.

*

* *

*   *   *

* *

*

⊱⊰ Bendy's Pov⊱⊰

I blinked and yawned when the lights clicked back on. I'd actually had a good night's rest, something that had been increasingly rare at the studio. It was something me and Sammy would grumble about, whenever we were able to see each other. Sammy had been upset when he didn't have anymore access to coffee, and I felt bad for him. Not only did Joey turn him into an inky monstrosity, but he wasn't even able to have coffee. Personally, I hadn't ever had it, but I'd heard quite a few lost ones complaining about 'needing coffee'. I had never asked what it did.

The door slid open, and I raised my head to see who it was this time. The now familiar doctor stood in the open doorway, his two usual guards behind him. He studied me for a second, before I took the cue to get up. I quickly stretched, a joint in my ankle shifting into place with a satisfying pop. I got up, walking to stand in front of the scientist. "̵Y̶e̶s̶s̸s̶?̴"̵  I dragged out my question. "Come on. No more stalling. We're getting these tests done." At his words, the two men stepped forward, attaching poles to my new collar. I hadn't even remembered it being put back on.

I was walked down the hallways, ending up in a familiar room. It was the first room the scientists.. ah.. evaluated me in. I made a face as the man who had chased me grabbed me roughly by the arm, guiding me to a different table with cuffs. I was made to lay down, and was pinned in place. I grumbled, already sick of this, but the I knew Saltzer meant business when he said we were doing tests. This table had a large machine over it, making it look like a huge cone. My tail was pinned under me, and I was laying face up. "Stay still. This will be over soon." I glanced over at the doctor's harsh tone. He really meant it. The machine above me buzzed to life, and I watched as the things above me started to rotate. I was wary of it, but soon it was going too fast it was almost a blur. I stayed still, starting to worry that if I moved, it would fall on me.