Chapter 14

∾ The Beginning of The End ∾

- Chapter 14-

Warnings for this chapter: Cursing, Gore

⊱⊰ Bendy's Pov⊱⊰

I was sat in a chair, the scientist across from me looking like he was trying to stare into my soul. I stared straight back at him; a lazy grin stretched across my face. He knew what I did. I knew that he knew that. My tail tapped idly against the floor, the new sharp tip clinking with each collision. I had all the time in the world.

"What did you do to Simon?"

My tail stopped tapping. It took the man ten minutes but he finally said it. I only chuckled, instead of giving the man what he wanted. It seemed to frustrate the hell out of him as I watched him tighten his grip on his clipboard. I could tell what he wanted to say. Ask me questions to no end. But he couldn't. He was too scared. Scared of me. Good. Fear is an excellent thing to have on your side. Terrify your enemies before they even dare challenge you.

"What did you do to Simon?"

"̵̞̂Ị̷̈́ ̷͎̀g̴̹̓ỏ̵͓t̵̲̀ ̵̠̄r̵̢͝i̷̻̓d̵̯͝ ̷̰́o̵̺͂f̵̻̀ ̶͗ͅh̵̭́i̶̘͆m̶͈̊.̴̘̀ ̴͔͐P̶͔̾e̶͖͒r̴͎͆m̵̨̊a̴̘̍n̶̺͂e̵̻̒n̷͚̆t̶̜̀l̶̞͊y̴̭͛.̴̹͒"̶̛̻ I grinned sadistically at him. There was no use hiding it forever. My tail resumed moving, swaying and tapping on the floor. I heard the man swallow thickly, before continuing his search for answers. "Why?" I snorted. "̵D̷i̸d̷ ̵y̸o̴u̷ ̸r̴e̶a̶l̷l̸y̸ ̷a̶s̸k̴ ̵m̸e̷ ̷s̷u̷c̵h̷ ̶a̸ s̶͑͜t̷̹̄ŭ̸̦p̶̬̕i̷̩̽d̴͕̔ ̵q̷u̶e̷s̷t̵i̶o̷n̷?̵"̸

"Well... Yes." He seemed to gain confidence. "Yes, I did. Answer the question." I only chuckled. The sound seemed to melt what bravo the doctor had gained. ̴͓̿"̷̦͗F̸̳́ọ̶͒r̴͙͗ ̵̬̅t̶̩̀h̴͎́ë̷̞ ̷̨̈́s̷̼͂i̶̯̓ḿ̷̨p̵̬͋l̸̳̽ē̸̱ ̸͕͛r̶̭̈ę̶̏á̶̞š̴̞ö̴̡́n̸̨̔ ̷̮̉Í̸̩ ̶̲͂c̵͈͠ó̸̳ů̶͜l̷͙̚d̴̮̃.̸͇͒"̸͙̉ The man withered in his seat. Cowardice. 

I raised a claw to lazily pick at my teeth. There were more guards then average in the corner. My usual two were still there, but they had been joined by four more. I glanced at the strangers with a disdainful look. They knew I didn't like them. So did the scientist. The man took a deep breath, before continuing.

"Why did you hide your abilities from us?" I paused what I was doing, before shaking my head. "̵I̸ ̵s̸a̵w̴ ̶n̵o̷ ̶r̵e̸a̷s̷o̸n̸ ̴t̴o̴ ̸g̶i̸v̴e̶ ̷y̷o̶u̴ ̸a̶n̴ ̵a̶d̶v̴a̵n̵t̶a̴g̴e̸.̴"̶̶ The man seemed relieved we were getting somewhere. "Can you show us now?" I looked at him. "̵N̶o̸.̴"̵

The man continued to pester me for answers.

"Can you demonstrate what you did to Simon?"

"What can you do?"

"How do you use your abilities?", closely followed by:

"How did you get your abilities?"

...

"If you don't show us, we'll have to upgrade your class. That means no more wandering around and breaches will be taken more seriously."

All of his questions were met either by silence or a short answer.

"̵I̷'̷m̸ ̷n̵o̵t̸ ̵g̵o̸i̸n̷g̷ ̴t̷o̴ ̴t̸e̷l̷l̴ ̷y̸o̶u̶.̸ ̵T̵h̸a̸t̵ ̷i̸n̶c̸l̷u̵d̵e̷s̴ ̵s̷h̴o̴w̶i̸n̷g̵.̷ ̶L̵e̷a̷v̶e̵ ̶m̴e̶ ̷a̵l̷o̷n̴e̸.̷"̶ I finally lost my patience. I didn't have much in the first place. Never had, and seemingly never will. "We won't ever leave you alone about this." I moved to stand up, the scientist following me with his eyes. The guards moved forward, the new ones lingering behind. It was clear they didn't want to be anywhere near me.