Chapter 8

∾ Danger All Around ∾

- Chapter 8-

Warnings for the chapter: Cursing, Mentions of Death, Blood

⊱⊰ Bendy's Pov⊱⊰

A few weeks had passed since I had first arrived at the foundation. Well, at least I think it was a few weeks. I don't really have access to clocks. The testing had slowed down drastically, and I was mostly left alone. This did tend to get boring, especially since I only had the post in the corner and my bed to fool around with. I had used the post quite a lot, but even that got boring after awhile. My claws could only get so sharp.

I groaned, rolling off the bed to flop on the floor. At this point, I was going to go insane. I knew there were cameras and speakers inside the room, but I hadn't talked much. Mainly basic questions that I never received an answer to. I looked at one of the cameras. "̷C̴a̵n̴ ̵I̸ ̴h̸a̸v̶e̸ ̷s̶o̵m̷e̸t̴h̸i̴n̶g̴ ̷t̵o̸ ̴d̸o̸?̷"̶  As I had expected, there was no answer. I got up, annoyed and frustrated at my situation. I eyed the small flap that would give me food in the morning (?) and evening (?). I frowned at it, before walking towards it. I might be able to fit through it. The vents in the studio were about the same size, and if I could get in there, the same would hold true right? I crouched down, poking at it a few times before I started. I managed to get my head through, and I looked around the hallway. Surprisingly, there was nobody there. I continued to force my body through the small rectangle, my spines folding back as I wriggled through. About thirty seconds later I was through, shaking myself out to get everything back in place. The only reason I could do that was because I was technically a liquid. I had simply rearranged my body structure, folding my ribs in and dislocating some limbs to squeeze through. It was incredibly useful, albeit a little painful.

I hurried down the hall, pausing to listen carefully every few yards. It seems I had gotten lucky, but I wasn't going to stop to admire the sights. Time was ticking before somebody would spot me and raise an alarm.

I stopped for a second, and distant footsteps were heard. From the sound of it, a large group of people were coming in my direction, and they would catch up to me in about thirty seconds. I ducked into an unlocked supply closet, the murmur of voices outside causing me to tense up. Soon enough though, the stampede faded into background noise. I looked around the closet, spotting a few items I would like. I grabbed a bucket of paint, a brush, and a broomstick. Who knows, maybe I would become a wizard. Stranger things have happened, but I could always smack someone over the head with it. I stored the objects away using one of my less useless powers, toon logic. I had no idea why I even had it or how it even worked, but I figured it was because of Joey's 'dream'. It was easier not to ask questions at this point. I hesitantly opened the door, slyly peeking out. Nobody was in sight. I slid out, starting to hurry back down the hall. I made sure not to get my tail stuck in the door; I had done it on accident once and it hurt for weeks. It had never truly been the same after.

I figured I could grab a few more things before my presence in my chamber would be missed. My tail flicked behind me, as if reassuring me it was still there. I heard another group of humans approaching, and I stopped to duck into a room. Unlike the supply closet, this room looked like a breakroom, although it was currently empty of life. I scurried to hide behind one of the cheap fridges, only just entering hiding when the door opened. I froze, starting to worry my little supply run would be over before it really started. Familiar voices filled the room. It was Saltzer. I cursed my luck for the second time that day.