7

COntRol
Chapter 7

[Kaminari's POV]

I fell ill during lunch.

I knew it had nothing to do with the food I ate, though I could easily get away with that as an excuse.

I hadn't eaten lunch at all.

I was walking around on the roof of the school block, looking out to the distance. The clouds were swirling across the blue sky, creating ambiguous patterns. I would've tried to make out what shapes they did make if I hadn't had the immediate urge to throw up.

I bolt to the toilets, dashing into a cubicle and locking it, collapsing to my knees and hugging the porcelain as I empty my stomach. Stinging up my throat. Filling my mouth. Pouring out effortlessly.

It hurts.

My chest throbbed as I gagged, a second wave coming, and I vomit again, this time tears and choked sobs following its path.

All I could think about was what I did. What happened.

I snapped at Kiri!

M-My best friend! How... How could I be so cruel?!

I shouldn't have snapped at him like that! He... He didn't deserve it! What was wrong with me at the time?! I could've easily said 'I'm fine!' Pretend that nothing was wrong! Keep those stupid emotions inside!

Was I really that weak to let my emotions take control of me?!

Those stupid... dumb painful annoying harmful deadly stupid s-stupid emotions!

Once I was sure that my stomach had been clear and nothing else needed to come out, I flush the toilet, staggering onto my feet and sauntering towards the sink, washing the vomit from my mouth and hands.

I then look up. To see what I had become.

Through the mirror, I see the cold sweat shine against my forehead. Thick and sticky. Uncomfortable to wear. And then my skin. So white. Colourless. Lacking the previous blush that they had. As if I were scared. Frail. Weak.

I wipe off the sweat with the sleeve of my blazer, about to grab a tissue to dry my eyes, when I felt a sudden wave of dizziness, my hands just about gripping the ceramic to keep me from meeting the floor.

The last thing I needed was to cause a scene.

I force myself to get up. Walk out of the door. Take the least obvious route to the infirmary. Appear to seem alright so I didn't have to stay in a bed there.

Recovery Girl gave me the day off, saying she would let Aizawa know I was sick.

I barely drag my feet off the ground as I make my way to the dorms. I collapse on the bed, the world spinning around me.

Why... Why was I so suddenly weak?!

I pass out.

A few hours later...
[Kaminari's POV]

I couldn't tell how long I had passed out, but what I thought was a few minutes was, in reality, until the end of the school day.

My throat burned.

I should've drunk water.

I could feel my eyes sting whenever I blinked, presumably puffed and red. My chest was in the worst pain, though. It felt like there was a weight on it. Bearing down like needles. I could hardly feel my legs.