37

COntRol
Chapter 37

[Kirishima's POV]

The events that followed after that were a blur. I blink, and the image of Kaminari blends to white, that beautiful smile taken with it. Then I blink again, and again, and I can hear the muffled sounds of people rushing. A part of me figured that I'd fallen asleep on a couch in the common room again, but that hunch was put aside when I hear the steady beeps of a heart monitor, then the plastic mask over my face and the thick blankets covering me from over my shoulders down to beyond my toes.

I remember the incident:

I kissed Kaminari; Kaminari pulled away; Kaminari panicked; Kaminari shocked me; Kaminari nearly killed me.

A few minutes pass after that. With that, a few changes had taken place. My bed was propped up to a more comfortable position, one where I was half-seated. I demanded the blankets to be taken off of me, purely because the heater was doing enough to keep me warm from the colder months. The mask was also taken off of me - the doctors had seen me fit enough to not need it with my heart and breathing rate swiftly adjusting to normal. They'd still insisted on me wearing a nasal cannula anyway. Then there was the opioid fastened into the back of my left hand. I took a guess to assume that it was morphine.

At that point, the haze that made me feel delirious had subsided as well, my brain able to process and think with more ease, my temples faintly throbbing. There was still an ache from the places where I presumed the shock had affected me the most. My throat felt hoarse, a little better from being rinsed and cooled with some water, and my eyes were overwhelmed by the vibrant colours of my monochrome surroundings.

Aizawa was the first familiar face that I see, the clock behind him reading a time close to 6.30. I was too far away to tell the exact time.

"How are you feeling, Eijiro?" he asks quietly, and my eyes widen slightly when hearing my homeroom teacher use my first name.

"Good," I say, smiling softly to him. An image flashes in my head - the last smile I'd seen on Kaminari's face. I could hear the beeps of the monitor speed up a little more.

"Good," he replies back.

The moment of silence made the temptation at the bottom of my chest build up, and I think about asking the question that has been eating at my insides, nagging at the back of my head.

The question that had bothered me since I'd first found myself in the field of sunflowers.

"Where's Kaminari?"

Aizawa sighs, looking down at his feet and biting his cheek.

"Figured you'd ask as such," he mumbles, before daring to dart his eyes straight into my red ones, the black pits seeming to stir in a way similar to the start of a storm. "I'm sure he'll explain most of what had happened, but he'd written you a letter and gave it earlier today. I know I'm supposed to open and check what it says, but I decided to leave that to you. Please let me know if it is bad, Eijiro. I trust you to do so."

With that, he thrusts an envelope out, one with the cursive writing of my name drawn across it. I smile at the attempted neatness, taking the letter and looking up to Aizawa, giving him a beholden look.