30

COntRol
Chapter 30

A few days later...
[Kirishima's POV]

"Are you sure you know nothing we need to know about Kaminari?"

"No," I reply firmly, my eyes occasionally flickering to the exit.

"Have you noticed any excessive scarring or bruising on him, during the times he's changed with you?"

An image of his bare body in the moonlight, shoulders shaking and molten glass slipping down his cheeks, painted with disgusting blacks and blues.

"No," I reply again, trying to still the twitch in my foot.

Aizawa sighs, closing his report book and settling his pen on the table.

"If neither you nor Kaminari are telling me anything, then I'll either have to assume that nothing is happening, or that something serious is happening and I have to intervene. I am considering to put those cameras back into your room, and maybe offering counselling sessions for Kaminari. I was also considering splitting you two up again."

A feeling akin to dread hits me. It was worse. Waves of misery and melancholy. I couldn't be mad at Aizawa for following the law, but a part of me still wanted to be angry at him. The only progress I was making with Kaminari was by being with him at the dorm and talking to him there. Besides that, he was mostly in a head space, completely ignoring me.

"But I know you're resolving whatever is going on," he says, pupils blazing right into my soul, as if he were reading my mind and actually knew what was happening. "So I'm going to oversee this. There has been an improvement in Kaminari's behaviour - he has been contributing with lessons in class."

I'm glad I wasn't the only person seeing that.

"And he does have some kind of attachment to you."

My cheeks heat up slightly, but I urge the colour out of them. Its almost flattering to say that he has an attachment to me more than anyone else in the class. If anything, I almost liked that no one interrupted - not that I like being a hero to Kaminari in a vain way!

"But if anything does go out of hand, please tell me. We want to make Kaminari and everyone else here feel safe, and I don't want this school to seem irresponsible for not doing anything about it."

I felt a spike of pity for Aizawa. Of course he care about Kaminari, and I care about him too. But he'd always treated Kaminari like a son - one that often annoys him but he still cares about: especially now. Just like me, as well, he wished he'd picked up on the odd behaviour before, and also wanted to do whatever he could to help him. I couldn't tell him yet, though. Not when Kaminari was already going through a significant improvement, and that he was so resented to getting professional help.

"You're dismissed," he concludes, and I offer him a reassuring smile, him returning an assured one back.

The nightmares were still tough on Kaminari. He still did wake up at random times in night, screaming of terrors that I'd only wish I could see or know. All I could do for comfort is tell him I was there, and that the psycho was gone, and that, until he recovers from the tremendous fall he'd taken, he didn't have to worry about being strong and needing help. I also constantly tell him that I would never leave him for whatever reason, although as a result being harshly reminded of the other boy I'd left.

My heart still wants him, and it was a hard thing to get over. My own dreams - if I had any - were of either the old Kaminari, or the old Katsuki, before all the mess that had laid before us.