34

COntRol
Chapter 34

[Kaminari's POV]

He's kissing me.

Kirishima is kissing me.

And I'm kissing back.

It felt warm. Soft. Sweet as a ripened plum.

For a moment, I had everything. The weights and chains I drag around every second I lived are dropped, clattering to the ground, and I felt so much lighter. It was warm. So damn warm. Like a fresh fire in the cold of winter. I know I'm quaking because the kiss was so overwhelmingly sweet.

His lips are tender. Moving silkily against my own, caring and gentle but also warm enough to tell me that it wasn't a breath of the wind.

His fingers are laced in my hair, stroking the scalp beneath them, the benign grazing of his nails coaxing my eyes to close. And I feel sparks of a different kind rushing through from my lips like a drug, and now I'm addicted, reciprocating the kiss with maybe a little more pressure. He does the same.

My mind is swirling, tears of bliss springing through my eyes, my own hands wandering to the back of his spiked hair, pulling strands away to feel its smooth texture. My knees give way some time in that kiss and I allow Kirishima to hold me, our noses bumping against one another occasionally. The light behind my eyelids was rosy, and my heart is stuttering, beating double-time, erratic and fervent.

Through the haze, I feel his hands leave my hair. My lungs were breathless, but I find no need to inhale. Because I could breathe! I could breathe!

I'm lost in his scent. A scent I'd grown to be so familiar with. Like an aroma I've known since childhood, an immersed infusion of sandalwood and irises, the tinge of orange blossoming in my chest and dispersing throughout my body. It overpowers my senses, and I was almost completely lost. And I had no desire to find my way back.

Until his fingers brush over my spine.

That sting was enough to snap me back into reality.

Kirishima was kissing me.

That thought along made me shove him away from me, my heartbeat suddenly deafening, pounding against my eardrum. I keep a few metres between us, away from the beds and closer to the door. Then the epiphany.

Kirishima kissed me.

He kissed me.

H-He actually kissed me.

"F-Fuck-"

The breath of air was stolen from me, my lungs shrivelled and wearing away. The plum was overripe, now sour and sickening against my tongue. My chest was being squeezed, my throat constricted, and I know I'm having a face of horror on my face. Of dread.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck f-fu-"

"D-Denki! P-Please calm down!"

He's concerned, but I couldn't bring myself to settle his worries - not over my own.

He kissed me.

Th-That wasn't meant to happen. That... It was supposed to be Bakugo! That was for Bakugo, n-not for me! He loves Bakugo, n-not me! He isn't mine! Not ever!

H-He isn't mine!

But its too late, because my heart is aching. And I'm imagining a different time and a different place, where we were together. We're holding hands, walking bare-foot along lush green grass, gazing lovingly to one another, with grins so true and real. And happy.