17

COntRol
Chapter 17

[No one's POV]

"You will be having a curfew."

Kaminari didn't dare to look at the grave expression written on Aizawa's face, his dying eyes instead training to a piece of wall behind him, the pristine colour freshly painted as of last week. He drowns in the words Aizawa says, floating meaninglessly around him. He was completely unfazed by them, even if the quiet inner voice still screams at him to speak.

And yet his jaw doesn't even twitch, tongue completely limp at the bottom of his mouth.

"It will be unfair but, until we can get your quirk back under control and we have more trust in you, it will be mandatory for it to remain like this."

Aizawa sucks in a breath, this time looking down to his knees. His voice, this time, was quieter and held more sensitivity.

"I've told your older brother about this, as well as one other person, but I'll be getting onto that in a moment."

It had to be Kirishima. Kaminari knew it. Kirishima was the only other person who would give that much of a damn. Kirishima was the one who cared the most about him. The idea made his heart stammer, but also made him sick. The twisted fates of the universe had him grappling with the tangles that had tied him so tightly to Kirishima, and each struggle to dismantle the threads only makes the mess worse.

Still... there was still a part of this 'fate' shit that was... pleasant.

Aizawa returns to his serious tone and focuses back on Kaminari's eyes, which, though they were right in front of him, seemed to be a million miles away. He was sceptical, but let himself believe what Recovery Girl had said - Kaminari won't come around for a while; it's a side affect for the new opioid he's taking.

"You're expected to be attending school on a regular basis, unless you're ill or your condition worsens. Surveillance will be monitoring your dorm room, both inside and out, and you're expected to be in the dorms between 5pm and 6am. This will change over time but, for now, it's only temporary."

Temporary.

It only felt so long ago that he'd thought all of these signs and sicknesses and feelings and loss of control was temporary. At this stage, however, it was far from it. It was far too real to even be considered as temporary.

"Kirishima will also be sharing your dorm room with you."

He'd expected that.

Well, he did, but he didn't expect for it to be true.

Dorming with Kirishima... he didn't know if it was a good or bad idea. He didn't know whether to consider him a saviour or a danger, not to others - by all means - but to himself. Yet, though he thought of the slight thrill in dorming with his crush, he could only assume bad things were to come from it. Everyone had seen what had happen when Recovery Girl had merely mentioned Kirishima's name and, now that they're both being monitored, whatever happens between Kirishima and him won't be private.

"Of course, we can hear both of you if we need to, but we will be installing infra-red sensors, which will detect whether you're having another attack in your room. We do also have a few cameras. I'll show you where these are found once you're dismissed from the infirmary."

There is another pause. One where Aizawa stares at Kaminari and Kaminari barely stares back. A few long seconds pass before Aizawa clears his throat, and Kaminari was glad for the break of silence.