38

COntRol
Chapter 38 (Finale)

Minutes ago...
[No one's POV]

The end.

That's what he could see in front of him.

The end.

The end of the line. The end of his suffering. The end of his existence. The end of others' suffering.

The end of everything.

Although Kaminari was far from everything. He was nothing. Nothing but a hinderance. A danger.

monster - monster - monster - monster - monster

It's ringing in his ears, screaming at him to jump off the ledge. It wasn't for sweet relief anymore - if it was as such, then he would've taken a leap ages ago.

If he was ever to live his dreams and become a hero, this was the only way to do it - jump off that ledge and stop being a villain. He was tired, and couldn't keep fighting, even though the entirety of UA were still in wait for him. He wanted the teachers to kick him out, so he didn't have to quit himself. But they kept keeping the door open and he kept trying to walk through it, though each step was exhausting, and heavy, and difficult. So being the kind of hero he wanted to be - reach out to as many people as possible; protect them from the dangers of the outside world; be the inspiration - would be nothing but a figment of a world of possibility. And positivity.

Because the world he lives in through his own weak, useless body was anything but.

He's trying not to cry, holding his breath, but the build-up of the stress he faced was bubbling in his stomach, the acid prodding urgently against the back of his throat. And he's gasping for air, wanting to see some kind of light but constantly walking down this dark tunnel. And he can hear a train coming.

He looks behind him, at the exact place he remembered looking out at. It was just as dark as that night, though today the sky was concealed by smoke-coloured clouds. The air was slightly more humid as well. He tries to remember his exact thoughts as well, imagining a smaller version of himself looking out. His first year self, still young and excited to see the world, and become that dream hero.

Now he was just mocking himself.

Would he be thinking about how beautiful the view was? Yes, but not entirely. He'd probably be happy, smiling like an idiot from being so high up. He remembers not wearing a coat that day, only in a flimsy, long-sleeve top - one that he and Kirishima liked to share. He wouldn't be cold, because he felt so high, and the wind was pushing him even higher. And he felt warm as well, with the heat of Kirishima behind him. Shit, maybe he'd been thinking about Kirishima the whole time he was there!

Thinking back, he realises just how stupid and naïve he was. And he laughs.

A cracked laugh.

One that held no humour, and showed all of his pain.

He tries laughing louder.

It's funny! I-It's a good joke!

And he's laughing louder. Tossing his head back, glaring at the stars and trying to smile as he laughs, even when the tears fall down and it almost sounds like he's screaming. A man gone insane, some might say.

Because Kaminari is broken.

Always has been.

And now he's crying. Cursing to the skies and the hidden stars for trapping him in such a horrific nightmare. Making him suffer by fucking with his life more than necessary, adding a few scars to show it.