Chapter 20

Dedicated to boundlesssouls

Chapter 20

I sighed to myself as I heard the sound of my loud alarm clock. I did not want to wake up today. After last night's events, I was ashamed to show myself. I almost cheated on my boyfriend. Well actually, I did cheat on him. But there could be a possibility that he was also cheating on me with that girl from the party. My fist balled up at the mention of her. I wanted to build up on what Crash and I was starting to have. I didn't want others to interfere with what could be.

I pushed the hair from my face and sat in bed, brushing the covers from my body and standing to my feet. On my night stand table was a note.

I picked it up and read it.

Busy day today. Your grandmother is coming over. I need the house cleaned and in tip-top shape. Jamie is with a friend right now, so she won't slow you down. My card is under your pillow. I need you to go to the mall and purchase a dress for Jamie and you for tonight. Matt doesn't have to attend if he doesn't want too. We'll be home by seven. Get prepared, sweetie. Love you! --Mom

I frowned once finished reading the letter. My grandmother was the most rudest and unmannerly person I knew. Whenever she came over, she would always bring me down and jab insults down my neck.

I hated when she visited.

I rolled my eyes and threw the note on my bed, rubbing my eyes while walking out my room. Once my door flew open, I was stunned to see Matt standing there with his messy hair, grey t-shirt and shorts. I sneered at him.

"Why are you lurking around my room?" I snapped, moving so I could go to the bathroom. He followed along with a smirk planted on his face.

"I can't come to just say good morning?" He questioned, wiggling his eyebrow as I entered the bathroom. When I got in, I tried shutting the door in his face but he jabbed his foot into it. "What's going on? Why are you being so mean this morning?"

I picked up my tooth paste and tooth brush, ready to brush my teeth. "I don't have time for you right now, Matt." I grumpily said.

A boyish grin was placed on his face. "But you had time for me last night," The tooth paste slipped out of my hand, causing it to fall and sticky bits of it fell onto my toes.

"Crap," I mumbled, leaning down to pick it up.

I could hear Matt chuckling by the door at my clumsiness.

I glared at him and he sent me a boyish grin. "Why so clumsy this morning, Jessie?"

I scoffed at him. "Shut up, Matt."

He began chuckling and stepped inside tbe bathroom. He placed his hands on my shoulders and a shiver began to run down my back. "Why are you in such a grumpy mood this morning?"

I shrugged his hands off. "Quit that, Matt. I'm trying to brush my teeth here."

"Brush 'em later. I wanna talk right now."

I huffed and toss the toothpaste down back on the sink. "Fine." I huffed.

"What's wrong?"

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "My grandmother is coming over tonight."

He nodded. "And?"

"She's not too courteous at times and she's always bringing me down." I confessed. "I got to go to the mall today to buy nice clothes for Jamie and I. My mom doesn't know if you'll be attending...." i trailed on, looking into his eyes.

He smiled genuinely and clamps his hands together. "Perfect!" He exclaimed. "Just hold on, let me get dressed."

"No! Matt you don't have to attend...." my words tailed again as he pushed himself out the bathroom and bolted down the hallways, running to his room eagerly to change.

He seemed so cheery this morning. I smiled to myself. Did he feel what I felt, or was it just me?

*****

When were in the car, Matt continuously tried to touch me and flirt with me. I didn't know why he was being so affectionate. Was it the kiss? Maybe it could be the kiss. Or maybe it was the short passionate moment we had. I don't know but for some odd reason, I enjoyed his touch. But I didn't let him know that. Every time he would reach out and touch me, I would pretend a annoyed groan and slap his hand away. In my head I was actually wanting to be touched, but I couldn't show that to him. I had a boyfriend and I didn't want to disrespect him like that.

If I were to ever do something with Matt, I wanted to be single and do it on my own terms.

Once we got to the mall, I made a beeline towards a little child's store where I knew mom usually buys Jamie's her fancy dresses. I decided on to cute dresses; one bright yellow while the other an aqua color.

After, Matt and I began strolling through other stores, looking for things to buy for ourselves. One thing that I seriously didn't like was that in every store we entered, dozens of girls would just gawk at Matt.

I could completely understand though, he was hot. But it was just so creepy.

"That'll be 67.87 dollars." The lady at the cash register said. I decided on buying two dresses for myself just in case mom didn't like one of them. And after getting the dresses, I scoped out three shoes that I really liked; one being a stiletto heel, another that was a low sandal and lastly a shoe that was called 'Keds'. I never really heard of the brand before, but the shoe was nice and comfty.

I handed her my mom's card and she swiped it, looking towards me to out the pin in. I did so and gained my card back and the bags of things I had just purchased. I turned , looking for Matt and was surprised to see him with a lady that had a toddler in her arms. Matt was playing around with the child while the mother smiled at his friendly demeanor.

I smiled a bit, admiring the way he looked, playing with that child. Sensing that I was probably staring at him, he looked up and our eyes met.

He smirked at me and I held up mu thumb, pointing towards the exit, letting him know that I was finished. He nodded his head and said his goodbyes to the toddler and her mother.

He jogged up to me and I stuck the bags out for him to carry.

"Seriously, Jess, I can't be your camel all day." He whined, grabbing the bags anyway, adding it to the thing that I had bought Jamie.

"Hey, you are the one that decided to come. If you come, you must help." I smirked at him as we began walking out the store.

He rolled his eyes and said, "I should trip you and make you fall just for payback at the way you're treating me."

I giggled at his words and momentarily glanced down at my phone to see if I had any miss calls or message. Only a few from Vanessa and my mom. While looking at the screen, I hadn't realized that I had walked into someone.

It was her.

The same girl I saw at the party.

She turned to me, ready to insult me but soon her face changed as she stared at Matt.

"Oh, my, Matt, I haven't seen you in so long!" She boasted, completely taking him off gaurd. 
His eyes widen but he still smiled at her.

"Long time no see." He said back.

I jumped in. "So Im guessing you two know each other."

She looked at me and nodded. "Partly, I know him through an.....kind-of-sort-of ex."

I watched as Matt switched his weight onto one leg, slightly uncomfortable.

I ignored him. I wanted to know more about whatever they had. And if asking her desperately was the only way at getting the truth, I would gladly do it.

So I looked up at her and asked, "Are you hooking up with my boyfriend?"

_____________________