Chapter 16

Someone just gave me a great idea. Since i know these chapters might take a while to upload, for each new chapter so you don't forget anything, I'll start doing chapter recaps. Thank you, brandy_ine for the great idea. Just for that, i'm dedicating this chapter to you! ;)

Dedicated to brandy_ine

Recap of Last Chapter : Matt gets a random phone call from "someone" in regards of a "run" that he has to do. Jessica over hears his conversation and begins to question it. Vanessa is meeting up with Don to talk and lay everything out. She also has something very important to tell Jessica about Crash. The next morning after that, Matt goes missing and cannot be found........

Chapter 16

[ Jessica's POV ]

I sat in the living room scrolling through my feed on twitter as my mother kept a still emotionless facewith Jamie sitting in her lap, nibbling on the rubber part of her pacifier. When my mom came home, I'd told her all about Matt leaving and him disappearing. I didn't want to get him in trouble or anything but he's been gone for a while and I really didn't know what to do next. Crash said he hadn't seen him but for some reason, I had a gut feeling that he was lying and Crash actually knew where Matt was.

I sent him another text about Matt's whereabouts just to be completely sure, but once again, he'd told me that he didn't know where Matt was.

"Jessica, how long has he been out?" I looked at my mother's drenched eyes. I knew she was veryworry and also very aggravated because she had to cut her shift from work to find Matt.

I laid my phone on my lap and faced her, "He's been gone since yesterday night."

She wiped her red nose and sniffed. "I don't know where I went wrong, I mean, I didn't close him in to the point where he felt it was his duty to disappear. I gave him the freedom that a regular teenage boy would like to have, don't you agree?" Her eyes were becoming glossy and the only thing I could do to keep her from just breaking down was to nod my head.

"Mom, I'm sure he had a logically reason as to why he's not home yet."

"Give me one then,"

"He may be at his friend's house doing things that boys do; playing video games, eating tacos or watching the game or something." I explained.

My mother began a sentence, but was completely cut off by the sound of the front door being opened quietly. I could hear the sound of shoes slowly walking closer and closer. My mother rose with Jamie on her hip and called out, "Matthew?" There was no response to her call so once again, she said, "Matthew Scott?"

He appeared from the corner entrance to the living with a bag hung around his shoulders with a dirty grimy face.

My mother quickly walked over to him and analyzed his face. I could see that his scar that he once had on his face the first time I saw him and disappeared but was replaced by a new fresh one. My mother gently touched his face and he slowly shut his eyes by her touch. She whispered to him,

"What happened to you? Where have you been?"

"Out." He responded dryly and pulled away from her touch and stared seamlessly at the ground.

"You had us worried sick about you and I can't even believe you—" She paused for a second and realized something. She pulled his right arm and gazed at the white gauze that was tightly wrapped around it. "What is this? What happened when you were out?" Jamie was trying to reach out and touch the gauze as well but he winced in pain and pulled his arm back.

"Would you please stop touching me. You don't need to know what happened. Just be happy that I came back in one piece." He sneered at her and tightly gripped his bag and turned his back, and headed upstairs.

My mother watched as he fled away and soon as she turned around, a frown appeared on her face.

"What should I do? He doesn't seem to want to talk. Should I go—"

"I'll try." I offered. I tucked my phone into my pocket and stood.

She showed a faint smiled. "Thank you,"

I nodded my head, brushing it off as a simple "it's fine". Then I sauntered up the stairs to go up to his bedroom. I knocked first, but heard no sound. "Matt? I know you're in there. Please make it easier for all of us and just please open the door."

I was slapped with silence once again. I knocked twice again. "Matt, c'mon dude, just open the—" I was cut off by the door flying open and standing before me was a shirtless bruised up Matt. Stunned, I just stared at him.

"What do you want?" His voice was raspy and held a ton of attitude. Wow, never knew he'd be the type to have an attitude.

I pushed past him and entered his room without permission. This was my house for lemon's sake. "What happened? You leave for a day, go missing, then you come back with a bag over your shoulder with cuts and bruises. Doesn't sound like you had a great night, Polly Pocket." I smirked as I sat on his thin grey sheets that was spread across his bed.

He stands by the door, looking at me as if he really wanted to say something but simply shook his head and left the door open without closing and walked over to the desk chair that was around in a corner. After dropping himself down in the seat, he turned to face me. "What do you want?" he repeated.

"I just wanted to see what was up with you." I told him. I pulled a piece of my dark hair behind my ears and pulled my legs up into a criss-cross applesauce position. Before, I never actually examined his room. But now, that I sit here, I couldn't stop staring at everything. His walls were completely pale with nothing to accessorize them. His closet was slightly open but little clothes were in it. His bed was messy, the sheet was half-way on and he removed his pillow case from his pillow. Then, I glanced over at the bag that was just resting in the corner behind his bedroom door. "What's in the bag?"

It didn't take him more than a second to reply. "That's none of your business."

His eyes held a challenge. I was ready for a challenge. "It actually is. What if you have a bomb in there and you're trying kill all of you. I'd like to know what's in the bag."

"I seriously don't care what you'd like to do. I know you listened in on my conversation yesterday and I really appreciate my privacy so if you wouldn't mind, I'd like for you to please leave this room." He said coldly.

I shook my head, "It's my—"

"Leave!" His eyes widen and he shouted the words at me.

Afterwards, I could hear the entire house go quiet. My mom was downstairs and even she heard it.

"Jessica? Are you okay up there? What's going on?" She yelled.

I knew that Matt was already irritated so I decided to not add anymore fuel to his fire. I simply replied back while getting ready to leave.

"Nothing, mom. I'm coming down right now." I didn't give him a single look after that. I just simply exited his room.

/////////////MORE COMING SOON////////////////