Chapter 15

Dedicated to LatinMoon. If anyone sees any mistakes, please, please, please, PLEASE! comment below and let me know because I'm gonna need help when i start editing this story and I may miss stuff. It doesn't seem rude to me when you all comment about my mistakes, just please help out. I'd love the help. :) It's finally my birthday so happy birthday to me! :D

Chapter 15

I scowled at Matt as I used a pale yellow towel to dry my soaked hair. After getting soaked with the cold milk, I was fuming. So I pushed past Matt and Jamie and jumped into the shower to get myself all cleaned up. Afterwards, I headed back down to the kitchen to set all my death glares towards one person.

Matt.

"Hey, it was fun, you gotta admit that," he boasted.

"Having cold milk being poured all over my head is not fun to me." I snapped, pulling the damp towel away from my head and setting it on the island.

He shrugged and I heard a little buzzing sound coming from Matt's pant pocket. Was that his phone? It couldn't be his phone. My mom hadn't bought him a phone. I kept my eyes on him. "What's that sound?" I questioned.

His responds was dry, "Nothing," he told me, quickly getting up from the island and began walking up the stairs. I looked around for a bit until I saw Jamie and placed her in her playing area so she wouldn't wonder off. After, I secretly followed Matt upstairs to his bedroom until he closed the door. I stood outside of his bedroom door and placed my ear closer to the door so I could hear.

"Hello?" I heard Matt say. The other person on the line seemed furious. Profanities and other words were being yelled through the phone. Matt's voice was low and I heard a lot of shuffling. "You never told me I had a run to do. Man, we're friends, you can't blame your fuck ups on me!" he sharply stated. "If you hadn't had your way with her, then you wouldn't even be calling me to do this stupid thing." The yelling continued and I felt like Matt was far away from the door because his voice became a bit faint and distant. "Whatever, man, she'll find out the truth about you eventually. Anyways, I'll be there in about fifteen minutes."

A thousand questions were running through my mind right now. Who got him that phone? Who was he talking to? What was the "run" that he had to do? Who was going to find out the truth eventually? I felt so lost.

As I heard foot prints get louder, I quickly stepped away from his door and bolted to the closest room that I could find. The bathroom. I didn't do much of an effort to close the door so I just simply pretended as if I were examining my wet hair. He stepped out of his room holding the same duffle bag that he's had since the beach party. He saw me and quickly began his leave.

"I'll be back at around ten. I got a few people that wanna see me." He lied. I stared at his eyes and could tell that they held fear. I always saw that look when he left the house. Fear. Something told me that wherever he was going, it wasn't a place he liked. I wanted to know where he was going, I wanted to know who he was meeting up with.

But that felt wrong. I was being nosey.

It wasn't my business, right?

I should stay out of his personal life.

Instead of asking anymore questions, I simply nodded my head and kept on stroking my damp hair.

*****

"You guys are meeting tomorrow?" I asked Vanessa that night as I painted my nails a light shade of pink. Mom had come home for about twenty minutes and brought dinner then got cleaned a bit more for her shift that she had to work tonight. Luckily, Jamie was still asleep so I didn't have to worry about any crying.