Chapter 13

Dedicated to lusy1239

Chapter 13

I sat on the couch with Jamie on my lap and my iPhone to my ear. I was talking to Crash while watching Young & Hungry. It was one of my favorite shows and since Crash had a liking to it, I thought, why not watch it together. Jamie was gnawing on my rubber bracelets that were on my wrist so she didn't make many sounds while I enjoyed myself.

"You're laughing way harder than the joke's laughing meter." I said to Crash, hearing his deep chuckles risen through my phone.

"I have a sensitive type of humor. Don't be jealous, babe." He teased.

For some odd reason, I didn't really think he was laughing uncontrollably at the joke that Elliot made. I have a feeling that Crash may have been a bit high off of smoking a few hours before-hand. For the past twenty minutes or so, he's been laughing or saying random things that I as well as any regular human wouldn't understand. I've been holding myself back from asking if he was on a cloud or not but then again, his smoking was not my issue so I decided not to say anything about it.

Unannounced, I heard him ask, "Hey, Jess, mind if I see you tonight? I'm a little bored here in the RV."

"RV? Why are you in an RV?"

Another unpredicted gurgle escaped his lips and he tiredly responded. "I'll let you know when you get here? Can you do around nine?"

I answered him with a yes and we disconnected so I could get dressed, seeing as though that the only thing I had on were shorts and a tank top. I held Jamie close to my hip as I pulled her along with me upstairs to hand her over to my mom. Tonight, my mom had decided to not go to work because she had things to do so she'd be able to care for Jamie. I strolled up to my mom's room and placed Jamie on the bed next to her as she read a book with her glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose.

"Mom, can I go out tonight?" I asked, trying to be as casual as could be.

My mom rose her right eyebrow and checked her watch. "You'd only have about an hour until your curfew."

"I know but I can do with that hour. So may I go?" I asked, this time more desperately.

She nodded her but gestured to my clothes at the moment."Be sure to change, it's going to get chilly later," I nodded my head at her wishes and gave my baby sister a quick kiss on the cheek and headed out to my room to change into something more appropriate.

*****

I checked my phone again and looked at the RV that was in front of me. When Crash had sent me a text stating the location at which he was, I hadn't imagined coming forth to a RV. I paused for a moment then pulled out my phone to ring him.

"Hello?" I said once I got a hold of him.

"Are you here yet?"

"I'm outside of an RV. Is that the wrong—"

"No! No, I'm in the RV. I'll be out in a minute," he quickly hung up and the door to the RV opened in a quick second, revealing him with only shorts on. I was stunned by his shirtless chest and tried to focus my eyes on his face, rather than his body.

I smiled to him and said, "What's up? Why are you in an RV in the middle of nowhere?" Looking around at the area where I was, I could tell that little people lived around here. It was far away from where I lived and there weren't really much cars on the roads. It was just like a dusty little space by the road.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Just come in and I'll explain."

I did as was told and walked into the RV and immediately, the smell of liquor and cigarette smoke hit me like a wave. I scrunched up my face at the strong scent.

Crash saw the look on my face and chuckled a bit. "It's not that bad."

Before answering him, I took the time to look at the inside of the RV. The RV was nice and spacious but the inside was a complete mess. It was so trashed. Beer bottles were lying around, his ash tray had fell and the contents were scattered all around. It just looked ridiculous.

"What were you doing in here?" I asked, stunned by the huge mess that I was surrounded by.

He lazily dropped himself on the couch after making sure the door was securely shut. "I was depressed."

I could hear the faint sound of the TV in the back of the RV. The smell was irritating my nose but since I didn't want to be rude, I just sat down next to him and wrapped one of his arms around me. "Why were you depressed?"

"I got into an argument with my mom." He ran his hand into his golden locks and I stared at admire his face. Even with the huge dark circles under his eyes and the redness on his lip, he still looked attractive to me.

"Care to share?" I asked.

He nods a bit and lets out a grunt. "I'm suppose to go to this fucking ball next week with this snobby bitch that I don't even consider as my acquaintance. My mom thinks that I should be planning a fucking 'future' with her."  He slurred.

I was a bit taken aback at what he'd just said. "You didn't tell her about us?" I knew that we'd just started dating and there were plenty of things that I didn't know about him and vice versa, but I'd thought he'd told his parents about us.

"I try to keep my personal life as personal as I can," he muttered.

"Is that why you're drunk and high right now?"

"I'm not drunk or high."

I let out a snort and held up five fingers. "How many fingers am I holding?"

"Two."

"Wrong."

"That's not fair; you're moving your hand."

"Stop denying it, you're drunk and high." I explained.

"Whatever." He said. "Would you mind staying with me for the night? You know, just so I wouldn't go off and do something bad." He smirked a bit.

Just as I was about to answer, my phone ringed. I read the screen and picked it up, excusing myself from Crash.

"Hey, Vanessa, what's up?"

I could hear sniffling and car horns in the background. "Jessica." Her voice cracked and I became alert.

"Vanessa, what's wrong? Talk to me! Where are you?"

Her voice was so shaky. "Um, can you come over? I really need to talk to you."

I didn't even have to think about my answer.

"I'll be over soon."