Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I could feel my shoulders being rocked back and forth with a husky voice behind me saying, "Wake up, Jessie, wake up." I recognized the voice to be Matt's as my eyes opened and my vision became clear.

I stared at the ocean as the sun sat on it, shinning its like against the thick waves. I turned around to see Matt behind me. I was seated in between his legs, one on both sides of me. My back was resting on his chest before. Redness crept up to my face thinking about how close we were. So close that I could smell the strong Axe shampoo from his head. I pulled myself a bit, nervousness taking me over.

"Good morning," I heard him say.

I turned and faced him, loving the way the sun reflected on his eyes. "'Morning," I mumbled as I tried to stop the drool that was about to pool from my mouth. He looked so sexy in the sun's light. His jaw was flexed and all chiseled while the gruff on his face made him look more sexier, more mature.

He grunted a bit as I bit down on my lip, continuing to stare at him. "We should get going, you're mother might me worried sick about you." He turned away, disconnecting our stare as he began to stand up, the sand running down his pants as he did this action.

I watched him, like the creep that I am. I watched as he dusted off his pants and began cleaning up our mess, stuffing all the trash in a bag. His muscles flexed every time he moved. His jaw clenched when he looked up at me. "Are you scared?"

"What?" I asked, the question taking me by surprise.

He came over to me and stuck out his hand. I grasped it and pulled myself up and stared at him, waiting for him to continue. "You talked in your sleep a while ago. Said something along the lines of how you didn't me to leave so soon. What did that mean?"

I hadn't remembered saying that but this isn't the first time someone has told me that I spoken in my sleep. I just didn't believe those words left my lips.

I shook my head. "No, I never said that,"

A frown appeared on his face. "What are you scared for?"

I shook my head again and being shuffling away. "Nothing, lets just go."

I walked away from him quickly before he had the chance to say anything more. We got in the car and drove in an intense thick silence. I drove slowly, not wanting to get home immediately. I was scared, yes, and I didn't want my mom to kick Matt out.

When we arrived around my block, I slowed the car down as I saw the lights of a police car flashing. As I got closer, I saw that there was three police cars around my house.

I looked over at Matt and found that he was very uncomfortable in his seat. He stared out the window, his eyes never meeting mine. "What's going on?" I asked. From the way he was acting, I knew that something was wrong.

"Matt," I parked the car behind a cop car and stared helplessly at Matt as he stared at one of the cops with a dog.

He ignored me and began unlocking his door. I hurried and unlocked my door and quickly scurried over to him when a police began to approach us.

"Matthew Scott?" The police asked.

Matt nodded and said, "That's me."

The police dug in his back pocket and pulled out handcuffs. "You are under arrest for the possession of illegal drugs." The police grabbed Matt, turned him around and slapped the cuffs on his wrist then began reciting the Miranda warning.

I stood in shock as I heard what the police had said. Illegal drugs?

I took a step forward and began to protest. "Wait, no!" I screamed. "You cannot do that, let him go."

They began tugging Matt away and tossed him in the backseat of the police car.

"No! Let him go! You don't have evidence that he—"

The police interrupted me. "We have enough evidence, Miss. I'm gonna have to ask for you to step away please."

"No, no, no , no." I began to mumble under my breath. I looked at Matt as he sat helplessly in the backseat of the police car. I could feel the hot tears swelling in my eyes. "No, you can't do that to him," i mumbled.

I darted past the police officers and ran into my house, looking for my mom so she could tell them that Matt was innocent. "Mom!" I yelled. There was more police inside but i dashed past them in a hurry. I ran upstairs and continued yelling. "Mom! They are arresting Matt!"

"Jessica!" I heard my mothers voice from Matt's room. Why was she in his room? I walked over to his room to find that the door was open and there was another dog inside sniffing around in Matt's things. My mom ran to me and hugged me tight. "Oh, thank God you're okay."

"Mom, they are arresting Matt." I repeated.

"I know. I don't want you around that thug anymore."

Her usage of word caught my attention and I pealed her hands off me. "What!? Thug!?! Matt isn't a thug. Why did you call the police?!" I shouted at her.

"Sweetie, Matt has been lying to us all. " She pointed to the black duffle bag that I remembered seeing Matt with. "He's been seeling drugs to get money, Jess. He's been sneaking out at night to hang out with his thug friends."

I shook my head as the tears began to fall hot on my face. "No, no, no. Oh my gosh. No, this can't be true."

The police in the room cleared his throat, grabbing our attention. "Sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you both to leave. We need to search this room entirely,"

I couldn't move. I couldn't even breath. Now it all made sense. The secret phone calls, him always disappearing at night. He was selling drugs.

We tried to help him. We tried to give him a better life. But no, he didn't want it.

My eyes began slowly closing and in a quick second, I completely blacked out.