Chapter 10

So i changed the name and summary! I'm finally content with this! Just a heads up, most of this chapter is focused on Vanessa and her past with Don. Hope you enjoy!

Don on the side

_____________________________

Dedicated to ikkie55

Chapter 10

I pushed the door to Icy Cone and walked in with Jamie on my hip. Since we had used Vanessa's small car, Jamie's stroller couldn't fit so instead of wheeling her in, I simply had to hold her. My sister was about to be  two years old and for some odd reason, she didn't like to walk. You'd think that since she knows how to walk that she'd love exploring the house, but no. With Jamie, it was all about crawling or being carried.

What a brat.

Since Vanessa was in front of me, I was waiting for her to walk further to get a table but when I looked up, I could see that she was trying to avoid someone. She quickly looked at me and whispered, "He's here."

"Who?" I wondered. I glanced around the small ice cream shop and saw no one I recognized.

"Don." She said and hurriedly pulled Luke along with her to get into a booth.

I caught up and sat down across from her and placed Jamie on my lap.

Vanessa looked as if she was freaking out. I didn't know what she was talking about. I looked around again and sighed. There was a couple of people here. A couple with a little baby, an old couple by the window, a large family with five boys, a group of rowdy guys and last but not least, a slender guy wearing glasses.

Out of all those people, my eyes didn't see Adonis anywhere.

"Where is he, Nes?"

"Look at the group of guys sitting over there in the back. He's wearing a black hoodie, a few bands are on his wrist and he has a few bags under his eyes." She explained.

I looked up and scanned the table. Soon after, my eyes landed on him and I couldn't stop my lips from parting a bit. He didn't look the same. He looked ten times better than before. His jaw line was more bold, his hair more wavy and shiny and his shoulders were more broad. He was just breath taking. I knew I shouldn't be gawking but wow, how could he be so good looking?

"Jessica,"

"Huh? Yeah? What's up?" I said, flustered with all I just saw.

"You were literally drooling over him."

"Oh, screw you. It's not my fault that the dude turned into this freaking hunk over the months he moved." I said.

Jamie and Luke were playing with the napkins on the table and I knew that they'd get hungry sooner or later so I got ready to get up to go order at the front.

"Just sit tight here and I'll go order, maybe he won't even recognize you and we can get our ice cream and go."

She nodded her head, agreeing with me and I placed Jamie back on my hip to go get the ice cream.

[ Matt's POV ]

"Dude, what the fuck are you doing? You're not even holding it right?" Mack scolded me.

"Well, fuck you. I never knew there was a perfect way to hold a water balloon." I said to him and without warning, I threw the water balloon in his face to teach him to stop fucking with me.