Chapter 4

Dedicated to Rock_Dae. Thanks for adding this to your Reading List.

______________________

Chapter 4

Going to the mall was very overwhelming with Matt. It was as if he hated every bright piece he saw. The only clothes that we'd found so far was a black T-shirt with some weird cursive writing on it, another black T-shirt with a skull on it, a couple of dark jeans and 2 sneakers.

My mom had told me to spend the money on Matt so he could have clothes for about 2 weeks. These clothes would last about 3 days. He didn't have pajamas yet, no underwear and still little clothes.

After getting tired for a bit, I decided that we'd go to the food court and get something to eat.  We were still getting stares from people, mostly Matt since he was pushing the stroller around.

I was praying to the heaven above that no one came over to give us compliments or saying that we had a cute family or whatever shit that people say in those stupid books when a guy and girl goes out with a baby that isn't theirs. I would literally pull out all my hair if someone came over and said that to us.

We ordered up at the counter first. After saying my order, I looked over at Matt and asked, "What do you want?"

He shrugged his shoulders and muttered, "Just get me whatever you want me to eat."

I sighed and repeated what I was having and secretly rolled my eyes at Matt. I knew he was irritated but so was I. He was so damn picky on clothes. On CLOTHES! Like seriously, dude, c'mon now.

After paying for our meal, we took a seat close to the order line so I could hear our number. Sitting across from each other was very weird and awkward. The only person that was making noise was Jamie and I was still surprised that she was still awake from all the shopping. She was trying to push herself out of the stroller to get to Matt and once again I rolled my eyes. Why did she even like him so much? Ugh! He's so ugh!

I softly kicked his leg underneath the table getting his attention since he was staring at something passed my head.

His eyes shifted to mine and I pointed to Jamie. He looked down at her and sighed. "Why does she like me so much?"

I laughed and scrunched up my nose. "I keep asking myself the same question."

He rolled his eyes at me, grabbing Jamie from the stroller and placing her on the table so that he back was towards me. He was playing with her hands and smiling to make her laugh while I was on my phone texting my friend Vanessa.

            Vanessa: How is he so far?

            Me: He's kinda strange. He likes to only wear dark clothing.

            Vanessa: Haha, that is what the slammer does to people, get their spirits down.

Looking up I could see that Matt was once again looking into the distance. I wanted to know what he was looking at but I didn't want to be nosy. I was about to reply to the text but Vanessa's beat me to it.

            Vanessa: Wanna hang out tonight? I'm bored af and I have nothing to do.

            Me: Sure, where to?

Our order number was called and I got up from my seat, tucking my phone in my back pocket. Turning around, I walked a step but immediately stopped as I stared up at a girl with luscious blonde hair staring directly in my direction. But she didn't make eye contact with me because she was not looking at me. Turning slightly, I could see Matt looking directly at her as well.

Oh, so that is why he was staring past my head for so long.

I brushed their weird stares out of my head and continued to walk to get our orders. Getting the tray that held our tacos, I thanked the person who had given it to me and went back to our table.

Matt now had all his attention on Jamie and while I walked back to the table, I took a look at the blonde girl to see that she was talking with her friend and she was laughing obnoxiously, probably trying to get Matt's attention once again like she had had it before.

"Here," I said, sliding the tray on the table and pulling his plate that had a taco on it to him, while I pulled mine close to me. I went into Jamie's stroller and grabbed her bag and pulled out an Organic Apple & Sweet Potatoes and slid it to Matt.

He looked up at me. "Why are you giving me this?" He asked.

I pointed to Jamie. "You got to feed her."

"Me?" He asked in confusion, pushing his brows together. I nodded and he looked down at what I had given him.  "What the fuck is this shit? Organic Apple & Sweet Potatoes, you guys literally feed her this shit?"

I nodded and pulled a baby spoon out of the bag as well and slid it towards him. He glanced up at me, sliding the baby food back over.

"You're gonna get her sick if she eats that shit."

I gave him a stern look. "She'll be fine.  I feed it to her all the time."

He smirked and said, "That is probably why she doesn't like you."

Appalled by his comment, I rolled my eyes and ignored him, pushing the baby food back towards him and I picked up my taco and ate it silently, still giving him my death glare.

After about 3 minutes of him staring me down, he realized that I wasn't going to give him a different type of baby food. He slowly fed Jamie, leaving his taco untouched. From here and there I could see him taking glances past my head. He was staring at that blonde bimbo. Clearing my throat, I glanced up at Matt who had finally taken a bite in his taco.

"Why don't you go talk to her?"

He looked at me and almost choked on his taco. As Jamie tried to grab at his taco, he took a look at the blonde and back at me. "I don't do girlfriends."

Confused, I turned to look in her direction, seeing that she was getting up to throw her trash away. "Then why do you keep staring at her?" He took another bite from his taco, as I pulled Jamie from him to let him eat in peace.

"I might not do girlfriends, but I don't push away at possible lovers."

Scrunching up my face, I looked at him in disgust. "You're one sick individual."

Leaning back and showing a sly grin, he said, "I'm just being honest."

I nodded, placing Jamie in her stroller and picking up my trash to throw away as well. "Well, Matthew, your boldness was not something my innocent ears wanted to hear."

Before I could officially leave the table, he said one more comment, "Sometimes the innocent ones are the freakiest ones of all."

I shook my head. "Trust and believe, I am not as innocent as I seem." I fired back.

The glint that he suddenly held in his eyes put me in a very uncomfortable state.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Aw, well. There's nothing I could do now other than to hope that he wasn't some weird horny teenage boy waiting to see me in my underwear and try to take a shot at me.

I hope he wasn't one of those guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------