Epilogue

________________

5 Years Later...

I peeled off my beanie and got out of my car into the fresh sunny air. It was summer once again, but this summer was different than all of the others. I finally graduated college like a week ago and was thrilled to finally start my life.

There were numerous cars parked out front of my mom's home. I barely recognized most of them.

I was a little nervous that all of these people were here. Was my mom throwing a party? I told her I didn't want a party after graduation but she literally insisted on having one. I sighed to myself and chucked my keys in my side bag and shut the car door.

I was a bit anxious on who was here, though. So I didn't waste any time with running to the front door.

I knocked first, knowing how now my mom locked the doors all the time. I waited until someone answered but no one did so I knocked again.

"Hello? Mom you gotta be in here, there's all these cars out here!" I yelled, knowing that she had to be pulling something.

The door opens with a click and my mom appears with a huge smile on her face. And just as I am about to greet her, more lights in the house flickers on and a chorus of roars feels my ears.

"Congratulations!" They all cheer.

I smile brightly, looking past my mother's head and seeing family and friend's and most of all, my sister.

Her now silky short blond hair is in a messy ponytail while her favorite doll is in her hand. She sees me just as I see her and she makes a mad dash for me out the door, squeezing pass my mom and hugging my waist.

"Sissy! I missed you so much!" Her small body almost knocks me down and I can't help but hold on to her sweet little arms.

"We've all missed you!" I hear a voice from my aunt who I haven't seen in life forever.

I smile to her and then my eye rest on my mom. She looks tired and I know Jamie is the reason for that. She was like a little ball of energy. I engulf my mom into a large hug and hold her tightly.

"You've made me so proud!" she whispered in my ear and I can feel that she is on the edge of balling out in front of all of our guest.

So I pull away and wipe the tears that have fallen down her cheeks. "Hey, this is a happy moment. Don't start crying mom!" I chuckle.

She nodded and grabbed at my waist as Jamie tugged on my arm. "Come on, Sissy! I wanna show you my new dress!"

"Wait, Jamie, I got to say hello to our guest."

"Alright, fine! But please please please promise you will come see my dress!" She pokes out her bottom lip and I seriously melt.

"Yes, I promise."

She grins widely at me and then skips off with the other kids that are circles around in the living room while my mother tugs me around to greet the guest.

Most of the people here I knew, either from school or were my close friends and family. I didn't even try to fish out for my grandmother, knowing she probably wouldn't be here. Let's just say her and I haven't spoken in a while.

I smiled to all of them and greeted each of them individually. They all told me congratulations and how proud they were of me.

"Oh, sweetie, did you see your uncle Lenore and his fiance?" I turned around as my mother's cheery voice grabbed my attention.