Birthday

A/n

I did not proof read, and as you know if there are mistakes please ignore it. If you have questions message/dm me!

Time Skip to the week of y/n's birthday 

It was my birthday tomorrow and we were going to be having a mini party with some friends. I invited Toby, I don't know why but he has been ignoring me all week. I felt sad without him, but Max was always cheering me up.

Max and I went shopping together today again, but to buy a dress for myself.

We walked around the store for a while. Until I finally found one I really liked. (A/n I'm not gonna show you until the party 👀)

As we were walking back Max kept making stupid jokes and we both laughed to them. I suddenly felt eyes on me, I looked up and noticed Toby walking on the other side of the street. I wave to him but he just looked and turned away. 

Why is he ignoring me? I've been texting him everyday but he hasn't answered. Did I do some thing. Is he mad? I hate when people are mad at me, it hurts. But my thoughts were stopped by Max.

"Y/n?" He asked, I looked to him

"Yea?" 

"I need to tell you something." 

"What do you need to say?" I asked a bit concerned, he seemed really nervous

"I-I'm, gay." He spoke quietly.

"Really?" I asked, he nodded. 

I gave him a hug, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" 

"I don't know, I was scared I guess." He said, I pulled out of the hug. I noticed at the corner of my eye. Toby. He was staring at us, but I just ignored it and looked back to Max.

"We'll never be scared to tell me anything." I smiled and we continued out walk home.

As we arrived home the house was decorated already for tomorrow, my mom walked over to Max and I who had been standing in the living room.

"So tomorrow some of Y/n's friends from school will be coming along with the Smith's." My mom said, I nodded.

Max and I went to my room. I sat on my bed and he sat on the chair next to my desk.

"So, I know you just came out to me today. But have you found any guys?" I asked, hoping I wasn't making him uncomfortable.

"Well yea. I know we would tell each other everything, but I met a boy. Back home in California, he and I are actually dating. It's going really well." He spoke, I smiled

"Aw, that's great. Can't wait to meet him." I said, we spoke for a bit longer.

Eventually Max went back to the guest room and I soon fell asleep.

Time Skip next day

I woke up exited because it was my birthday. I quickly got up and went downstairs. Walking to the kitchen I noticed everyone at the table.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They all shouted, I smiled and sat down. They started singing happy birthday to me, It was very awkward because I didn't know how to act as everyone is singing to me, but I enjoyed it. 

"Sooooo, how does it feel to be 17?" Max questioned 

"I still feel the same as yesterday." I replied with a small laugh

"Well you better start getting reading, your friends will be here by noon." My mom spoke looking to her watching, I nodded and grabbed the plate of food waiting at the table for me. 

After eating I quickly opened my closet and grabbed the shopping bag holding the dress I had bought yesterday. I slipped it on and looked at myself in the mirror.

 I slipped it on and looked at myself in the mirror

^^^ whichever one you prefer

I smiled looking into the mirror. I walked into my bathroom and put on some makeup and fixed up my hair. 

As I finished up I heard the doorbell ring, people were arriving. I quickly walked downstairs, but I bumped into someone. I looked up and, 

It was Toby