Bee Boy

Toby pov

I walked into Y/n's house, It was her birthday. I had to come, she is my girlfriend. Although we haven't talked in a while.

 I walked through the house making my way to the backyard, but footsteps coming from the staircase came to my attention. 

I turned around and was met with Y/n. She was wearing The blue or the yellow/gold colored dress, she looked so beautiful. 

"Hi." She spoke stepping down on the last stair, smiling

"Hello." I replied. It felt awkward since we hadn't spoke in a while.

 Y/n grabbed my hand, our fingers interlocking, a very light shade of pink rose across my face. But I don't think anybody noticed. She pulled me over to a table, the boy she had been hanging out with was sitting there, he was on his phone.

 "Hi Max, this is Toby." Y/n said taking a seat pulling me into the seat next to her. So his name is Max.

"Hello." Max spoke, looking up from his phone, "Your Y/n's boyfriend, right?" He questioned, I nodded. 

"Max is my cousin, we were very close when we were little. He came to visit for my birthday." Y/n said. Ohhh, he's her cousins. How could I be so dumb. 

The rest of the day we played some games, ate, and Y/n blew out her birthday cake. It was a very nice day. I felt better knowing Max was only Y/n's cousin, but I felt bad for ignoring her.

Time Skip to after part   (still Toby pov)

The party lasted until night.

I stayed longer to help Y/n and her family clean up. I enjoyed being around her family, they were very nice and kind. 

As I was picking up some red plastic cups, I couldn't help but notice that Y/n had disappeared from the room. 

I was just going to ignore it and continue cleaning up, but something told me to go look for her. 

I walked outside and saw her sitting on the grass, she was looking at the stars. I walked over and sat next to her.

"Y/n?" 

"mhm?" 

"Are you alright?"

"Yea." She spoke, I knew she wasn't, but I decided not to question anything else because it was her birthday.

"Toby?"

"Yes?"

"Why were you ignoring me this past week?" 

I froze to the question.

"Well, uhm-" 

"Were you seeing someone else?" She spoke, I was surprised to the question. 

"No, no of course not." 

"Well then why haven't you talked to me every since the day I came over?"

"It's just, when you walked home from my house, you were with Max. Other days I saw the two of you hanging out. I thought you uhm- I thought you were cheating or just didn't want to see me anymore. Maybe even want to replace me." I spoke, Y/n had a surprised look

Y/n pov

"It's just, when you walked home from my house,  you were with Max. Other days I saw the two of you hanging out. I thought you uhm- I thought you were cheating or just didn't want to see me anymore." Toby said, I was surprised. He thought that?

"Toby, I would never replace you, nor would I cheat on you. You mean everything to me." I spoke giving him a hug, he hugged me back

"I guess it does sound really dumb that I thought you were cheating on me with your own cousin." Toby spoke, I let out a small chuckle pulling away from the hug.

I was laughing so hard on the inside. He didn't know Max was my cousin. I didn't want to laugh at him, he probably would feel embarrassed.

I leaned my head on his shoulder as we both looked up to the stars.

"Y/n." Toby spoke grabbing my hand to hold

"Yes?" 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." 

I turned to him and gave him a small peck on the lips. He also returned the small kiss and wrapped his arms around me.

We sat in silence as we watching the stars. 

"We need cool nicknames for each other." Toby spoke

"Yes we do." I replied smiling

"Hmm, I'll call you Gem girl, because of the gem necklace I got you." Toby spoke smiling

"Hmm, I'll call you Bee Boy."