Chapter 2: Back to Life

A/N: To the Grammar Nazis feel free to point out what I did wrong and I'll fix it.

Natsu said goodbye to death and thanked him for all the training and for helping him learn.

When Natsu was finally alive again he was in pain.

Natsu was screaming in pain because the magic he had was a lot for the containers of his new body to handle, Zeref was panicking about the fact his little brother is in so much agony and he can't do anything because of his curse.

So Zeref was looking through all his notes to find out what went wrong but Natsu passed out from pain, his containers were stretched to the point where all his power was in them.

Zeref: *sigh* At least it's ove-...

He stopped himself... Why? Because he finally feeling the shear amount of power Natsu was giving off.

Zeref: Holy-!... Wait... that's why he was in pain he was to powerful for his body!

Zeref: But wait... *glances at his notes* Why did he get so much power in the first place...? *looks at Natsu* I did not do anything to give him.. THAT!

Zeref: And how is he still alive after that? His container should have been destroyed...

Zeref was never as confused in his life as at this moment.

Zeref: Well I'll figure it out later for now I'll let him rest. *carefully puts a blanket on Natsu* Ok now just to wait for him to wake up...

A few hours pass Zeref was just enjoying the stary night sky when Natsu was waking up.

Natsu: *groggy* What happened...? *rubbing his head* It felt like I died again...

Zeref: *turns to Natsu* Natsu?...

Natsu: Big brother?...

Zeref is holding back the urge to hug Natsu but..
Natsu ran to hug Zeref fully knowing that the curse won't affect him because of all the death magic he has.

But Zeref was freaking out because he just got done bringing him back to life, before Zeref could say anything Natsu talked first.

Natsu: Don't worry about that, that curse won't do anything to me haha!

Zeref was confused again but when he sees Natsu hugging him he can't help but to return the hug. Zeref was so happy that he could hug his baby brother and crying tears of joy, he completely forgets about the curse and just enjoys the moment.

After a while Natsu break's the silence while still hugging.

Natsu: *sniff* I missed you big brother.

Zeref: I missed you to...

Natsu: Thank *sniff* Thank you for bringing me *sniff* back to life..

Zeref: Of course...

A few minutes pass.

Zeref: Hey Natsu...?

Natsu: *whipes away a tear* Yes?

Zeref: How did you know about my curse and how did you know that it won't hurt you and why do you have so much magic and why...

Natsu: *cuts his brother off* Wow wow not so many questions at once!!

Zeref: *small blush on his cheeks* Hehe sorry about that...

Natsu: *sigh* It's ok but to answer your first question when I died the first time I went to the afterlife I learnt from death himself, but I learnt what your curse is from a book in his library.

Zeref: Interesting...

Natsu: He also told me that because of my magic I'm not really dead but I'm not really alive either so your curse can't do anything to me...

Zeref: Wait you have what? Death magic...? Hmm
That explains a lot...

Natsu: *angry* But Death never said it would be that painful coming back to life!!

Zeref: *sweat drop forming behind his head* Haha..

Back with death:

Death: *shrugs* It slipped my mind...

Back to Natsu who was calming down.

Natsu: I also have a little bit of shadow magic, but not really anything powerful...

Zeref: I see...

Natsu: But I will become more powerful!

Zeref: *curious* Why do you want power...?

Natsu: So that I can break your curse!

Zeref: *surprised* Wait why would you want to do that!?

Natsu: Because you helped me and you are my brother, besides...

Zeref: Besides what?

Natsu: *grins happily* Do I really need a reason to help someone I care about...

Zeref: *smiles* No I guess not... *pats Natsu's hair*

Natsu giggles and they spend the night just talking and catching up with what happened to them when they were away till the next morning.

Zeref was extremely surprised at the fact that Natsu was technically older than him and he felt strange to see natsu as adult in a kid's body.

Zeref: Hey Natsu.

Natsu: Yes?

Zeref: Can we have a small sparring match? Hand to hand of course.

Natsu: Yea let's do it!

Zeref smiles while thinking that some things never change and Natsu will always be the happy ball of joy.

After they spar and Zeref barely winning the spar he is a little bit surprised to see how strong Natsu is but not that surprised considering he was trained by Death.

But Zeref knows the only reason he won is because Natsu has a small body.

Zeref: Hey natsu do what to meet a friend of mine.
His name is Igneel.

Natsu: Sure! What is he like?

Zeref: W-Well... He is a-a... Dragon...

Natsu: *scared* Why are you friends with a dragon!

Zeref: Don't worry he is not like that dragon! He is very nice.

Natsu: *breathing a little faster* Really?..

Zeref: Would I lie to you?

Natsu: *breathing normally* No.. *sigh* No you wouldn't...

Zeref: Great! I'm sure you two will be great friends.

That will be the end of this chapter

Natsu: (I have a bad feeling about this...)

And as the author I can tell you that you are over reacting. You will be meeting new people.

Natsu: Well if you say so...

Zeref: Ah Natsu...? Who are you talking to?

Natsu: Ah N-Nobody! Yes, nobody at all hahaha!

Zeref: *worried* Ok if you say so.

Natsu: (Look at what you did!)

That is my que to leave!

Natsu: (Don't you dare!!)

Bye and I hope you enjoyed this nonsense!