Chapter 3: New Faces

The next day Natsu and Zeref were heading to a small forest clearing to wait for Igneel.

Natsu: Igneel? That almost sounds like our last name, Dragneel!

Zeref: I know right.

Natsu: This will be interesting...

As they are near the clearing they see a great dragon with beautiful crimson red scales siting and facing the sky with his eyes closed and enjoying the sound of the chirping birds and the leafs rustling in the wind...

Natsu: *with stars in his eyes* WOW!!

Zeref: (hmm it seems that even though Natsu is mentally older his brain is still that of a 4 year old meaning he still acts like a kid.) *smiles and looks to the dragon*

Igneel: *opens his eyes and turns to his friend Zeref* Greetings my friend. *sees the small boy* Ah this must be your brother Natsu that you told me so much about.

Zeref: Yes he is.

Natsu: *still happy* You look so cool!

Igneel/Zeref chuckles at the boy who no longer seems worried

Igneel: It is nice to meet you Natsu, as your brother may have told you my name is Igneel. *Bows his head a small bit*

Natsu: (Well he is royalty. I guess I can do the same as a sign of respect.)

Natsu: And am Natsu Dragneel. *also bows*

Zeref: (He learnt a lot from death it seems... I don't have to worry about him and can move on with my plans...)

Zeref looks at his brother that is asking the king of dragons a lot of questions and sees that they are enjoying each other's company and smiles at the sight.

Zeref: Natsu.

Natsu: Yes?

Zeref: Would you like to stay with Igneel?

Natsu: I would, but why are you asking? *has a serious face*

Zeref: (I keep forgetting he is in his late 20's.)

Zeref: I'm going to be doing a lot of experiments and won't have much time to spend with you. *he says with a solemn smile*

Natsu: Ok, I guess I don't have much choice...*a little sad*

Igneel: Worry not Natsu your brother can always visit you.

Zeref: He is right.

Natsu: Ok, but can we at least talk a little more before you go?

Zeref: *smiles* Of course we can Natsu.

After some time Zeref went back to his lab and Igneel picked up Natsu and fly's to were they are going to sleep at the top of a mountain and Natsu sees a small hut.

Igneel: Your brother stayed here from time to time when he gets stuck on a project.

Natsu: Oh ok that explains it.

Igneel: He comes by every few weeks but for now sleep, tomorrow I'll teach you dragon slayer magic like you asked.

Natsu: Really? Yes, I can't wait!

Igneel just chuckles at the small boy and lands near the hut to let Natsu down, said boy instantly goes in the hut and falls asleep the dragon sleeps next to the hut...

Time skip 2 weeks...

We see Igneel flying with the pink haired boy on his head.

Igneel: I hope you are ready to meet some of my friends.