Chapter 10: Not The Zeref They Thought...

Ok let's do this!

Natsu: (How?)

Grey: Can you explain? *there was an edge in his tone*

Natsu: huh?

Erza: *conflicted* There must be a reason you still talk so highly about him, right...?

Natsu: Yes... All the books of Zeref were stolen from my brother...

Levy: *curious and confused* Stolen?

Grey: *angry* Didn't he make the books to kill people!?

Natsu: No he.... *sigh* He made them to kill himself...

Everyone was shocked.

Natsu: And he made the books in a way that would destroy themselves if he died...

Makarov: *curious* The curse your brother has...?

Natsu: The curse of contradictions... If he loves something it will die... And for someone who loves nature and all living things...

Mavis: It is impossible to live with people because they can die and it's torture to see animals die because they got close...

Natsu: The curse takes the feeling of wanting them to stay away and brings them closer until they die because he loves them...

Mavis: And full immortality... For hundreds of years only death wherever you go because of your love and care...

Guildarts: WAIT! *worried* You said you also have the curse, right!?

Mavis: I'm just an illusion... My real body is in a crystal which keeps my body asleep...

Makarov: But her mind is always awake...

Everyone was even more shocked.

Natsu: My brother was so afraid of hurting someone that he tried to kill himself for the sake of others...

Grey:... So someone stole them?... You don't know who?...

Natsu: *shakes his head* It's been 400 years since he started and he stopped a little over a hundred years ago... And there were to many books...

Guildarts: Trying to kill himself for the sake of others... *sigh* We don't know anything about Zeref do we...?

Laxus: *sigh* No we don't... How did he get the curse?

Natsu: By defining the natural law... By trying to bring the dead back to life... The demon seed is what made me "live" after the dragon attack on my village but he couldn't heal my body which is why I was half dead and half alive for months until death took me... He also tried to bring our parents back but it was no use...

Makarov: So do you have a book aswell?

Igneel: He did but Natsu rewrote the book in such a way that he can live without it... I currently have it hidden at a safe place...

Natsu: My brother also made a new type of magic for a select few people after his books were stolen... Demon Slayer magic...

Mavis: Zeref is also the person who I learnt magic from! Even the Law spell!

Makarov/Guildarts/Laxus: WHA!?!? HE MADE THE FAIRY LAW SPELL!?!?

Mavis: Yep, which also means he had a direct impact on creating Fairy Tail!

Everyone: NO WAY!

Natsu: He isn't a bloodthirsty killer who wants destruction... He was a suicidal immortal who loses everything he loves...

Everyone was extremely saddened by that

Natsu: And now he is determined immortal who is dead set on finding a cure for the person he loves...