Chapter 5: 400 Years

As we see Natsu entering the Eclipse Gate there was a sudden burst of extreme magical energy and both Zeref and Igneel were pushed back from it.

Zeref: What was that?! Where did that come from!?

Igneel: I believe it came from the Eclipse Gate! Zeref, do you think they will be ok?!

Zeref: *getting back up to inspect the Gate* hmm... There is good news and bad news.. The good news is they are fine...

Igneel: That is good to hear.

Zeref: The bad news is that they most probably will be launched out of the other side and in different places. We didn't know when they will reappear and now we don't know were...

Igneel: *sighs* Hopefully both Natsu and Anna will find the others before something bad befalls them.

Zeref: We can only hope... *deep sigh* All we can do now is wait for them... Well knowing Natsu the others will be found in a few weeks at most.

Igneel: Haha that is most likely the case.. My old friend if I may ask, what will you be doing until their return?

Zeref: For now I will stay away from populated areas and continue my research on my curse... Whether it be to cure it or to kill myself...

Igneel: I see... As for myself I will join death in the afterlife until Natsu comes back so that he knows were to find me considering the rate humans are expanding their lands I won't be able to stay in one place and wait...

Zeref: That seems like the smart choice for now but I guess we won't see each other until Natsu finds both of us... *stares at the gate* Until next we meet my friend *bows at Igneel*

Igneel: *bows* Yes I wish you luck on your research.. And let us pray for Natsu's safe arrival on the other side.

As Igneel and Zeref part ways and start their wait for their family...

We see Igneel arrive at Death's castle and starts learning and reading books to pass the time along with speaking with Death about deep and philosophical topics such as life and death, light and darkness, good and evil even speaking about reality at times.

Igneel was learning transformation magic to have a smaller or more... Human appearance?... But unfortunately was unable to...

Igneel: *heavy sigh* All the effort... 4 years of effort... just to find out I don't have a affinity for the stupid magic...

Death: You sound almost like Natsu now... But I can understand your annoyance about it... Your magic is infused to deeply with your soul from birth which makes you unable to use it... Hmmm... I think it is similar to the fact dragon slayers can use more than one magic from eating the magic but dragons are unable to...

Igneel: I guess I just missed Natsu that I started acting like him and you are right it is probably that.

Death: How about we continue our previous conversation about life?...

Igneel seemed to agree with the idea and continued like this for the next 400 living world years

Back with Zeref, we see him sitting next to a small stream in a beautiful forest clearing with the sun shining on his face until he hears a sound from the trees.

Zeref: Who is there!?

We see a deer with two younger deer following

Zeref: (It's children maybe?) *sighs* For your safety you should stay back!

Not understanding and ignoring Zeref the deers step closer but it also seems other animals have started coming out of hiding and walking to him

Zeref: *panicked* NO stop!