Juicy Pears Was The Name

"Albus there you are!" Aurora shouted across the hallways sighting the Headmaster clear from her. After the circumstances from Severus, she took her to leave observing the outskirts of the Scottish views. After such a turn of events, being on the semi-good side of the feared Potion's Master filled her with ease. Maybe they could get along?

Or just maybe they can be friends if he would give in. However, he was not the man to submit in such ways. She would bring a different side of him no doubt. Severus was complex and strict.

I can be his friend.

Something is seeping out of him wanting to let go. But of what? What can he possibly be hiding behind those thick midnight robes? She frowns to herself. This man has been through pain just like me. I can see it detailed behind those eyes. He's hurting and needs comfort.

The mark that never fades. The mark that stings when called. It had to be painful no hesitation. She could almost cry for him. Though she never was or is a death eater herself. The rumors in-process running around were hard to bear. She could help Severus. With enough energy and potential Aurora could fade the mark away. But it's not that simple.

There's always a catch.

"Are you alright dear?" Albus said his bony hands rested on her shoulder. Those shiny sky blue eyes gleamed looking for a sign of awareness.

She flinched at the sudden contact forgetting what it feels like for someone to be so delicate. It was a weird feeling. Having someone check on you as if you were a baby. Never did she have comfort like that from family.

Family.

What's that. A loving mom and father. Yeah, that's a fantasy dream right there.

She plastered a fake smile relaxing her body. "Yes sir." Clearing her throat from nervousness she pulls her knitted bag closer. "I was wondering if you had the extra room I've previously owned in the past?"

Albus smiled cheerfully. "Of course! May I say, that room of yours is beautiful. Never have I seen a space filled with affection. Do you remember the counter word?"

Fuck the password. How could you forget such a thing! Dammit, this is embarrassing. It's been so long nonbeing over these glorious walls. She wasn't a student anymore. It was time to grow up and work. That is what's important. Looking up at the ceiling, she rotated her jaws thinking.

Meanwhile, Albus brought out a chuckle. "Still don't remember."

Rolling her eyes Aurora stomps her foot rapidly working her brain. "I'm trying Grandpa!"

"It's Juicy Pears." He laughed.

"I knew that." Aurora stutters cocking her eyes. Juicy Pears. That was and still is her favorite fruit.

"I'm sure you did," Albus responds walking away. "Have a goodnight dear I'm sure Severus will be pleased to be next door colleagues!"

Her face filled with confusion. Next door colleagues? Then she realized. "Shit." Rubbing her face and hair infuriation bubbled around. "Albus wait!" yet the halls were empty. It was deathly quiet. No children overflowing.

Yet.

Continuing her way back to the dungeons she picks up her pace carefully no to produce such suspense. Staying out too long gives her the chills. Especially the Scotland wintry. It would be snowing in a few weeks and that excited her. Being able to wear comforting coats and fuzzy socks. Especially those cute little beanies. God, sometimes she can be such a child. Enjoying the little things that make her happy. Scraping her shoes off the ashy grounds chill air flushed her.