A Bond Never Apart

Severus placed against the area before rushing past by the cabinets. Its loud noise squeaked, dust particles running around free. His head spun to see Camila first, snuggled like a puppy on the soft couches. The other way stood a very patient-less woman, holding onto her arm while the other rubbed against her temples.

"Do you honestly think I would just sit there and let you bleed Pierce?" He barked furiously, running his hands on the various glass vitals filled with many potion ingredients. Severus grew frustrated, as the products he needed, never appeared. He turned back again to see Aurora blinking up at him. Her eyes drooped in a tired state. Perhaps tired of dealing with his harsh brooding self. He had to give it to her, it wasn't easy handling him.

"At this point—yes." She mumbled to herself, mocking his features.

Severus ignored her unnecessary comment, rummaging through the glasses. Finally, he'd found the badges. If it were up to Aurora she'd most likely want to use the simple Ferula. Yet, Severus thought otherwise. He wanted to physically wrap her up. It was odd on his part. Maybe some sort of protecting manners or simply because he enjoyed helping her.

Only her.

Therefore he continued collecting materials like a crazy man. Aurora shushed him during the process from the loud smacking of the glasses. Severus's robes twisted, walking her way fast to stop any sort of bleeding.

"Stay still." He ordered, grasping her arm. Thick coats of salve rubbed across his fingers, before coating his across her soft tanned skin.

Aurora stiffed a laugh. "It's cold!" Her arm twitched to escape his grasp but he was too strong. Too utterly strong. She felt his large hands caress your skin. His body head was so close to hers. How many times have they gotten this close?

Too many to count and for every time they were in these situations, Severus grew more comfortable. Except for saying her name.

His mouth turned up a bit, giving him that handsome grin. The sides of his mouth creasing, showing years of exhaustion. Aurora watched as his brows lifted as well. He'd often do that in smart remarks she decided to say at times. Why didn't he show that small smile more often? Would people be shocked?

"Hm." She hushed in a low voice, resting her body back onto the chair, as he finishes the rest of his medic activities. Her head tilted, "So he smiles."

Biting the inside of his cheek he replied, "Occasionally, if certain events take place." She loved the way his voice deepened with an explanation. Never did she hear a voice throaty as his.

Aurora watched him roll thick white badges onto her skin. He'd done it in a way that was so fragile. As if she was a tiny teacup. Severus might not be the nicest of them yet he cared. It was bluntly obvious. He wouldn't show this treatment to anyone.

But he did to her.

The large man in black hair was trusting her. She would hold on to this moment. Cherish it for the greater good. Who knows if his attitude would change tomorrow.

"You didn't have to." She whispered, sitting up straight. Her arm was still a bit sore. "But—thank you."

Severus straightened, standing up. Of course, he had to. Foolish women. She'd probably bleed to death preferably than to ask for help. Not that he wasn't the same. He related to that. Selfish. It rolled off his tongue like smooth butter.

"I do what's necessary—particularly in school parameters", tenderness struck in his voice. Not because of the way he lied, only the reason he didn't meet her eyes. Because if he did, Severus would do something we would regret.