Needing Eachother

Severus POV

Bad omens fill my blood. I'm closer than ever to catching him. Calloused hands gripped my wand as I dig deeper with every clue I received.

I've been stuck in this endless power of rage seeping through open wounds. It's beginning to travel to my head.

I refuse to be my father.

To be cruel and not worthy. I refuse to be him. Only now I feel the rage. My blood runs cold like his. I taste metallic and filth. My craving is to hurt. Not just anyone but a certain man I yearned to grasp with my bare arms and feel him weightless against my palms.

To spend my time sweating, walking, and locating, is no regret. There are endless times when I felt as if I needed to give up. Walk away and reveal to Aurora I cannot be her hero. I cannot be the man she desperately wants.

Though I agree she'd find him in her own time. And get hurt. That cannot happen. I cannot bear to see her damaged the day he hit her. The day she knew the absolute truth about me.

A part of me died that day.

Never will she suffer that.

Droplets of rain flicked against my lashes and cheeks. The smell of cigarettes burned against the sides of my nose. The pub was loaded with men who ached for alcohol. Women bounced their eyes around, trying desperately to woo a man.

I sit on the last chair against the bar keeping my head low and covered. A few eyes burned against my sides and back. People were scared at the large man hunched over with purple knuckles. I understood because I was intimidated by myself as well. Terrified of the aspects I am capable of doing.

Behind me sat Matthew, keeping his eyes aware of me and Jason four seats away. He was nervous that I would make a scene. Frightened that I would wrap my hands around his neck in front of the civilization.

Life felt slow at this sudden moment. The music died down and there was just me and him. I haven't looked back at Matthew but I knew he was watching me.

I squeezed my glass cup hard enough to make my own body wince as I hear Jason's voice speaking with another man. They had no idea how dangerous he was. No clue of the the things he was capable of.

A presence grazed against the sides on my left expressing in a whisper.

"You need to be calm."

"I am calm."

My voice was unrecognizable and shaky. It was my heart that pumped fully that it grazed my shirt.

Matthew sighs closer into my ear, careful not to have anyone hear our conversation.

"People are watching. This is not the place for a dangerous theatre play and I swear to hells do not want blood in this pub."

With that, he walked back into his seat leaving me angrier. I'm clutching my wand harder. The air is heavy with my shattered heart.

I slam the rest of the golden liquid into the back of my throat, jaw locking from the burn. He should've stayed to hold me back.

As I begin to stand Jason said his goodbyes, leaving through the door.

I have waited so long.

It's time.

••••

Matthew froze seeing Jason's face for the first time in what seemed forever ago. Recognition lodged against his throat. Jason had a clean-cut face, with shiny hair slicked back. His colored eyes stood in front of the door, exiting.