Her Touch And His Scars

The day before Aurora's assistant offer.

It appeared Severus stood bewildered. As any man would finding news he didn't want to give attention to. He didn't wish Aurora to be his assistant. No, she couldn't possibly come back. He was too deep infatuated with her and Severus Snape felt hostility toward it.

"Albus, anyone but her!" His anger lifted as the older man stood gawking at the large windows. No energy emerged with Albus, with his back against his colleague. Albus was merely an old guy exhausted of hearing Severus complain.

Albus couldn't do anything but sigh. Sough because, witnessing a man begging not to see the women he cared, felt heart-wrenching. A man so broken, fighting the urge to confess.

She has no idea.

Dumbledore recognized already they jointly were navigating trouble. He knew Aurora would crave to get closer to him. Anything to rekindle the friendship they didn't remain in school. It seems she had a liking towards him too. No one can see it better than Albus. Ocean blue eyes watching like a bird in the sky. His pupils were everywhere.

Severus watching the young girl from afar. Aurora sneaking glances to look up at the tall Slytherin while holding her ex-lover's hands. Albus saw everything. It was just a matter of time before things finally set into place.

Unless.

"Headmaster, I'm begging! She isn't fit to be in this position in my class nor following me around." He pleaded and argued though Severus had too much pride to go on his knees. His feet dragged next to Albus huffing out a breath of air. It was useless. Albus was worthless. Severus' hands fisted, gritting his teeth. "Will you listen!?"

Albus turned facing sideways towards the young man. He noticed a prayerful look from Severus but Albus wouldn't give in. Persuasion wouldn't work with two men. Even pressing the matter further couldn't work. Severus would regret his words and Albus was just watching his pocket watch to see the time.

Time is what needed to be placed.

"You miss her so much you dare push her away." Albus's head shook, disappointed in the man.

"This isn't your concern. I am not your concern."

The sparkle in Albus's eyes indicated that he was enjoying this while the other was not. "Yes well don't be surprised when she realizes the truth."

Severus took a deadly step, blocking Albus's view from the window. The room know dark, and glooming. His pointer finger stood, pointing to the gray-haired man.

"You will never speak of my love for her Albus. This is my problem seeing as she'll be my assistant any day now! Minerva and the rest of them will not know."

His beard rubbed against the right of his hands, grazing back and forth, possibly thinking. That until his lips curled up.

"My boy, I wouldn't be surprised if they knew already. It will not take too much time before Aurora puts the pieces together." His pale hands patted Severus's tense shoulder.

"I just hope you're inclined to such pressure."

••••

She didn't mean to sound harsh but seeing the way Severus took a step back, indicated how nervous he was. It was partly because she stepped in front of him, reaching out her hand. Waiting for his wand while her eyes begged him to trust her. Trust wasn't so granted with him and it was genuine. Severus shouldn't let her get that close to him. Severus should sit down on his chair and read, ignore the girl constantly pushing against his mind.