Our Bodies Are Tired

Warning: mentions of dark themes.

He watched her walk to the kitchen. He watched her take out the sugar and cream. Finally, he watched her make him his coffee. Aurora did it elegantly. The sudden movement on her tippy toes to grab things. He watched it like it was the best book he had ever read.

Aurora sat his drink on the table catching his eyes with his.

"What about Camila and Elisha? Don't you think they have a say in this? They are your family. Why are you sacrificing your life for me?"

Severus sat politely on her table, sipping his coffee.

"I will file a report on Jason. That way the Ministry can handle him while you don't have to be surrendering in any way. Matthew learned from his mistakes hence you should be cautioned." Aurora continued sitting across from him.

He didn't respond, only gulping the drunk down.

"Are you even listening to me?" She moaned, messaging her head. He'd often sometimes not even engage with her when she'd ask questions. Aurora knew it was most of the time because he was busy with papers to grade. This time, he was completely surrendered by her.

"As I told you before, my mind hasn't changed. I was never fond of Jason. That being said, I have my reasons." Severus responded in an oddly calm way. "Thank you for the coffee."

Aurora's hands twisted. "You will get hurt." Her eyes grazed against his body. What if Jason hurt him. It wasn't like Aurora thought Severus was weak or delicate. He was far from it. She just wanted him to know what he was capable of. In this awful case, anything Jason did was horrific. No words can be uttered out her mouth. It was secrets. "This is insane. Putting yourself in harm's way." I want to be the one who kills him. I want his eyes on mine while I stick a knife—

Severus's knuckles ran across his dress pants, not having any care in the world. "My problem."

They both sat silent, eyeing each other in a state of denial. Both of them were stubborn and they knew that. It was only a matter of time before one would get what they want.

The sun was up bright this morning. It was time for class.

"Class will start in a few minutes, would you like to join me or shall I teach myself?" Severus broke the tension, standing on his top feet. Why must he walk away from a sensitive topic? Did he not realize his life was in danger.

He cares for me.

He cares for me.

Aurora rubbed her eyes, smoothing out her cotton shorts. Bare long legs caught his attention in a glance. She looked so smooth. What he wouldn't do to run his sinful hands down her toned calf's. His mind ran filthy. She had no idea how edible she looked and it took everything in him to hold back.

"No no I'm coming with you—would you give me a few minutes."

His head nodded, finally getting her legs out of his mind by focusing on her large bookshelf. Severus did the same thing the last time he had touched the books. He'd run his fingers down the ridges, pulling out half of the book to catch a glimpse at the front page. It wasn't the coloring or graphics he cared about, it was the quality of it. He wanted to feel and read the oldest book because he knew it would be the best. If Aurora used it frequently it was even better.

Severus leaned against the shelf, setting his forehead against the top. The air was so fresh and unlike any other. Mixed with the essence of coffee and her sweet scent. He opened his eyes to see Molly starring right at him. Her ears chirped up, watching him curiously.