She

Severus's POV

Aurora Pierce has officially driven me insane. I've offered her all I have without even knowing. My hands yearn to block the view for others not to see. Those didn't deserve it. I wanted to shield her, while I be the only one looking. At this moment, it was impossible. How could I reveal my attachment and not frighten her off? How could she possibly be pleased to see me when all she contemplates is evil. I was the monster. Have been since a boy.

She wouldn't relish me the way I have. Aurora was terrified of me. I am to blame. I was selfish. A coward.

Obsession. She was that. I was obsessed, the way a man shouldn't be with no women. It was unhealthy. Surely no woman would appreciate a man being so fixated with her. No, women would run away if a man told her—the way her hair brushed against the wind and the material of her clothing was the only thing keeping him established. Yet at this present time, I stand here and feel her eyes catch mine. The burn of her pupils graze me like she wanted something. Did she like the looks I give her?

I was determined to find out.

••••

Severus had to hold everything back not to completely stare like an idiot at the women dancing across the room. It was almost impossible not to. Her curves moved in a rhythm that was hypnotizing. Mellisa danced while watching the other men across the room as a sign to join while Aurora just closed her eyes with a glass of wine in her hand. There was peace with the way she kept to herself.

Aurora was completely harmless and Severus couldn't understand how someone could hurt such a fragile human. Be beaten in the face and left to fend for herself. Just glancing at her face he could recall the slashes of cuts across her eyebrow and lip. Her healthy hair had been covered in rain and blood. Thankfully her clothes stayed in tack. He didn't want to find her with a shredded wardrobe or else all hell would break loose.

There needed to be a plan.

"Did my sister express her fondness with knifes Severus?"

Matthew mumbled against his beer glass, looking around the room the same way Aurora and Mellisa did. That god-awful woman with a brown dress sat next to them.

Severus doused off a bit before looking towards the side of Matthew. A tiny smirk plastered against his mouth reaching back in time when she had a little game session.

"A real charmer Matthew. You understand how unsafe it is to have weapons on school property."

"Sounding like a real Professor! Aurora has a steady hand, no need to worry. She has a way of making her shots very precise." Matthew jabbed against Severus's waist once again.

A grump sound followed, pushing Matthew's hands away with a quick swat. "I told you to stop that."

Ever since they were young, both boys used to jab against the worst regions to hit at. Funnybone. Neck. Ear. And Severus's worst case, his side.

"I forgot how ticklish you were. Wait till I inform Aurora."

"You will not speak of that!" Severus whispered harshly back.

The man knew Severus's spots to kick. If it had been anyone else, there would be a deadly threat. It wouldn't even come to people's minds to mess with him. However, Matthew meant well, every time. Severus could say they were friends. It had been like that since they were young. When Matthew demanded they be pals, it demonstrated a different type of man. Severus could feel men who only cared for friendship just to act tough. Too be above others. Matthew was not that type of person.