The Happiest Day Ever

AURORA'S POV

"Sometimes I just need to be alone. It can be overwhelming being with a man."

Luna's hands smoothed out her hair, turning her body towards Mellisa. "Oh please, you of all people are foolishly lucky."

I didn't want to listen to their conversation anymore. Nothing but irritation flooded my mind. It wasn't their fault. Thoughts of Severus visioned inside me.

The feeling of his hands, brushing across my cheek and hair, froze my body in place. I could still feel the tingle. My throat was dry and my mind is numb. My sister and friend, chatted while I, watched the lake ripple with water. Feeling as if a bubble grew on the outside of me. There laugh rolls around the area.

How can I sit there and pretend this feeling was normal? His words burned on my flesh.

I breathed out a long sigh, pushing my back against the tree. You control me. Let me push you away.

That was never going to happen. Severus Snape was hiding more than the eye can see. I was determined to figure out just why.

"Aurora are you ready to leave. The staff is waiting for you at Hogsmeade!" My sister once more interrupted my thoughts. Maybe it was better that way. If I were to stay in this process of mine, I'd never leave.

There had been so much on my mind, me and Minerva's staff celebration was all forgotten. This consumption of perceptions had intervened with my ability to cherish this moment. I couldn't let it bye-pass me anymore, therefore I mustered a smile nodding.

"Yes, of course, sister. Let me put on my coat before we leave."

Melissa grinned, crossing her arms. "So she does have a jumper. . ."

••••

My cheeks warmed while opening the small door into the pub. The staff lined up against the wooden bar, chatting with smiles on their face. It'd been odd seeing the older adults in a state other than teaching. Lupin had been the first to catch my eyes with a glint of happiness in his eyes. He whispered something to Poppy, excusing himself from the conversation.

His figure lifted off the chair, giving me a friendly wave. That shaggy hair of his jumped across his forward. I'd used to threaten him about cutting his hair while sleeping, which resulted in him picking me up and throwing me against the soft couches.

His smirk deepened the closer he got to me.

"Look who decided to show up, mm?" A teased sentiment ran out his mouth.

I gave him a sharp smirk in return, twisting the ends of my dress. "I've only come to have a shot, then I must return home."

"A bloody tease." He laughed, grabbing the elbow of my left arm towards a seat next to the Professors. I ignored the uneasiness of him touching me because I knew Lupin would never hurt me. I'd forgotten to keep my cool while the feeling of a man's rough hands touched me.

This wariness needed to disappear. I'd never brought up my uncomfortableness with the men I've slept within the past. For some odd reason, I felt out of place. Like a deep tunnel of eyes rotated at me. As if, that one terrible man in my past had come back. Slowly watching me. 

My insecurities will not get in the way today. I would be myself.

My head turned side by side of the bar, rising my hand waving to anyone who greeted me. I reached for the water sitting at the table, eyeing Lupin's drink.

"And what might that be?" I questioned at the pinkish cocktail spinning with an olive on the top.

He set his drink up, licking any access of his lips.