Never Ignore Whats In Front

It has begun.

Severus stared at the note for minutes during the halt periods of class. The given note held too much. How could he be so daft as to not recognize the woman he killed, niece was in his presence. No, in his composure for god knows how long.

Aurora Pierce had no idea. Not one indication of who the killer was. Maybe she was seeking to find them? Little did she know, he was surviving right in front of her all along. Grinning and calling him his friend.

It stung him.

Throbbing pain scattered along his chest as his breath heaved. Life wasn't presumed to have a fate like this. She was determined to obey his orders as an assistant and he instructs, like his old ways. How was he reckoned to focus when every moment he glanced at Aurora he would see her.

"No." He whispered in shame and guilt. The left of his fist slammed on the wooden desk.

Guilt. The word tattooed on his arm existed as a sign of a necessity. As he would only do so much on remembering the word, Severus decided it was best to ink the word properly on the skin along with others he has hidden.

Hide your scars.

"No!" A repeated statement he couldn't stop confessing. Why? Why of all humanity did Aurora Pierce wish to be here at this wrong time of his life. This elegant woman standing in his path as he attempts to cure himself of his evil ways.

Life would be harder. Severus hoped to control himself. Be natural as possible. Aurora will never find out the truth about her aunt. And that he would make sure of. She knew too much already in such a small time. It would only take a few more months for her to sneak into his brain easily.

His hands rubbed across his face in a nervous motion. Sweat glistened around his forehead. Maybe it would be better if she found out. Just maybe Aurora would leave Hogwarts, as she was the main distraction.

Life will go on. But at what cost?

••••

"He said that!" Luna shouted as her 3rd glass of wine kicked in. Her legs folding while her hands tapped her knees. The anxious feeling of craving to know what happened between Aurora and Severus teaching on the first day excited her greatly.

After leaving Severus' office, Aurora stomped her way towards her chambers as Luna begged Aurora to meet for a sister catch-up

After leaving Severus' office, Aurora stomped her way towards her chambers as Luna begged Aurora to meet for a sister catch-up. As a result, she explained to Luna the argument with Severus with her hands holding her temples.

"Yes, and he was so close to me Luna. I could feel his robes touching me as he yelled." Both women sat comfortably on the love seat directly facing Aurora's bed.

Luna pressed her lips together thinking.

"Well." She sighed looking around. "What happened after?"